Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Brewing Events & Local Gatherings > Great Lakes USA > Michigan HomeBrew Forum > Traverse City Winter Microbrews and Music Festval 2012

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-09-2012, 12:48 PM   #11
Homercidal
HBT_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 2145 Times on 1534 Posts
Likes Given: 1178

No good. She did not bother to email me back. Reminded me last night that we have plans on Friday night. Meeting up with the Band Director after school to discuss some music theory and drink a couple of beers.

Plus there my oldest is playing in the Pep Band during the basketball game. Maybe the beers will be after the game LOL!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-09-2012, 01:04 PM   #12
Yooper
Ale's What Cures You!
HBT_ADMIN.png

Recipes 

Liked 4481 Times on 3260 Posts
Likes Given: 870

It sounds like a great time! The best and music, not discussing music theory instead of going to Short's, that is.

I wish we could join you. Maybe in a summer event, since I do longer want to "do" winter.

Old 02-09-2012, 01:36 PM   #13
Homercidal
HBT_MODERATOR.png

Recipes 

What winter? It was mid 30s easy yesterday! I didn't need a coat.

They have a Summer festival up there too. We'd love to meet you and Bob up there for some tune and brews. You might even see me dance if you are unlucky! (well, maybe playing air guitar anyway..)

Did you know the Michigan Brewers Guild now has 2 festivals going on each year in the UP??

I'm actually looking forward to discussing music theory. I've played for years, and even took piano lessons and got some very excellent guitar lessons with lots of theory, but it's hard to learn theory when all you want to do is learn how to play Van Halen!

Old 02-09-2012, 03:49 PM   #14
wolverinebrewer
Recipes 

Liked 13 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 15

I think winter is showing up just for Saturday with a high of about 22 with snow.
I'm sure Homer you will have a good time but since I don't have those kinds of responsibilities I have to fill my time with beer events.

My Short's list are Raisin Apollo, Woodmaster, and Good Humans since I have not had these yet.

Did you get tix for the festival yet? I was looking at the site map and because of the music will be hanging around the East Side Tent and coincidentally Founders is in that one. It's nice that extra drink tokens are only $1.

Old 02-09-2012, 04:51 PM   #15
Homercidal
HBT_MODERATOR.png

Recipes 

I haven't really looked at the schedule. 22F isn't so bad compared to the first winter fest we went to. Especially since it's going to be mostly in tents.

I didn't know they had a site map up yet. I'll check it out and see what looks good. I'm pretty excited since my woman has been working way too hard lately and it will be good to just spend quality time with there and some good beer.

Old 02-09-2012, 06:15 PM   #16
wolverinebrewer
Recipes 

Here it is.
http://www.porterhouseproductions.co...usic-festival/

It looks like the 6 tents are laid out in a circular format and there will be campfires in the center. It looks like Bells and Schmohz's, are outside the big tents.

Old 02-09-2012, 07:30 PM   #17
Homercidal
HBT_MODERATOR.png

Recipes 

I'm going to be pretty cold getting warmed up by that Hopslam!

2 years ago a was briefly groped by a somewhat older, slightly inebriated woman. This is going to be so much fun!

Old 02-09-2012, 08:07 PM   #18
wolverinebrewer
Recipes 

I don't have that kind of luck.

The problem with these events (not really) are that there are too many selections. Then I usually try more than I should and feel like sh** the next day. Oh well, I think Arbor Brewing's Ryeclops Imp. Rye will be my first stop since it's right by the entrance and I love me some rye beers.
http://www.arborbrewing.com/beers/56

Old 02-09-2012, 11:11 PM   #19
bryank
Recipes 

Sounds like fun up there, wish I could make it. I'm not a country fan but I've seen Whitey Morgan a few times around here and they put on a pretty good show. Some gritty country that is definitely better with beer, should be way better with craft beer in TC than bud in flint....

Old 02-10-2012, 12:19 PM   #20
Homercidal
HBT_MODERATOR.png

Recipes 

Ugh. No Country for this old man! If they played some hillbilly tunes, then I'm down. Just can't stand that old CW and Honky Tonk.

Quick Reply