Hopcat

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sweet! Although I will probably never go there because it's so far away.

Wife and I have been to the Hopcat in GR back when it was still pretty new. Had planned to visit Founders and Brewery Vivant, but their crowded condition forced us to find another place. I've never been dissatisfied with the food or drink at Hopcat.

They have Killer Mac N Cheese.

Ok, so when they first started brewing their own, I got a light beer that was funky. I mentioned to the manager and he said they had a problem with the new system and they knew there was something not right. IIRC I drank it anyway so it wasn't that bad, just not quite right for a Blonde. And we got a tour of the brewery, which was a turnkey system in a very small room.

Yeah i'm looking forward to it. I have not had a chance to go to the Lansing one. I've been to the GR one four or five times. I had a lot of fun but the last three times I went it was so packed I didn't really enjoy myself much. Not sure if the expansions are as packed or maybe take some of the demand off the original and they are all workable now or not.

Breweries in GR are only getting busier and busier. Founders has been packed almost every time we've gone there, and that is usually early afternoon on a weekday. There is standing room only when it's busy, and that's standing outside.

Not sure if the expansions are as packed or maybe take some of the demand off the original and they are all workable now or not.

Wishful thinking but for the most part, I don't know that a Detroit location is going to make Grand Rapids or Lansing any less busy. The two current locations aren't really an afternoon trip for anyone that would hit up the Detroit location.

I imagine Detroit will be a pretty busy location given the reputation HopCat has built up and the love for good beer in the metro Detroit area.

Yes but if you have a local Hopcat and you travel to GR you are less likely to go to Hopcat GR vs one of the other breweries.

Back