Electric Brewing Supply 30A BCS Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Brewing Events & Local Gatherings > Great Lakes USA > Michigan HomeBrew Forum > Homebrew on the WEB 2012

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-13-2012, 12:39 PM   #1
Mills
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default Homebrew on the WEB 2012

Were gearing up for the 2012 Homebrew at the W.E.B. Homebrew Competition, and once again were going to be in need of lots of judges and stewards, as well as entries.

In less than five years this competition has grown from a 200 entry competition to one of the largest and most respected Beer Competitions in the country. Last year nearly 900 beers were judged by some of the best judges around, and this year we expect to break the 1000 mark. Thats why we need you!!

This years Homebrew at the W.E.B. (World Expo of Beers) competition judging will be held the weekend of March 2-4th 2012 at Sullivans Black Forest Brewhaus in Frankenmuth Michigan . Were looking at two flights Friday (2:00-4:00p.m. and 5:00-7:00p.m.) Two Flights Saturday (9:00a.m.-12:00p.m. and 1:00-4:00p.m.) and a morning flight Sunday followed by the award ceremony Sunday afternoon.

Were very proud to announce that the special guest speaker/judge this year will be John Palmer (How to Brew, Brewing Classic Styles, Brewing Network)
coming all the way from California!. John will be doing a presentation Saturday evening as well as judging your beer. Grand Master Level V Gordon Strong will also be judging!

Hotel discounts will be available at the Frankenmuth Motel (within walking distance) Costs are - Friday night -$69.00, Saturday night- $84.00.
As always we will provide hot meals for judges and prizes to be given away throughout the weekend.

Stipends will be available on special circumstances to judges traveling long distances to spend the weekend with us.

Not to be forgotten, we will once again be giving away the biggest baddest prizes!!!!!-------------------------
-$1000.00 Best of Show Beer prize!!!!!
-$500.00 Mead/Cider Best of Show!!!! Holy $h*% is right!!!!! tell your friends!!!
-And lots of other valuable prizes for those lucky enough to medal.
-Best of show beer and multiple other gold medal winning beers will be picked to brew at multiple breweries around the state , and possibly sent on to next years Great American Bee Festival,
more detailed information will be coming soon including drop off points and a formal call for judges.
please forward this to your fellow Homebrew Friends, Respective club members etc..

Thanks! hope to see you there!!!!
REGISTER TO JUDGE OR STEWARD HERE

http://www.beerstofear.com/comphost/index.php?task=

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-13-2012, 08:43 PM   #2
Homercidal
HBT_MODERATOR.png

Recipes 

Liked 2251 Times on 1608 Posts
Likes Given: 1235

Aw man, if Jeff Carlson is going to enter, I'm not even going to try!

Old 02-14-2012, 12:30 PM   #3
wolverinebrewer
Recipes 

Liked 13 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 15

If it's anything like last year, Phil Sullivan will be taking home his share of medals.

http://crhbc.com/pages/competition/2...on-results.php

Old 03-04-2012, 11:42 PM   #4
mlyday
Recipes 

Liked 25 Times on 24 Posts

I couldnt make it there for the results/award ceremony. Anybody know when they are going to post the results.

Old 03-04-2012, 11:46 PM   #5
fishkid
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

IIRC, last year they were posted on the website the evening of the Monday following the judging.

Old 03-04-2012, 11:47 PM   #6
mlyday
Recipes 

Liked 25 Times on 24 Posts

Thanks.

This was my first competition so Im eager to see how I did.

Old 03-04-2012, 11:49 PM   #7
fishkid
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlyday View Post
Thanks.

This was my first competition so Im eager to see how I did.
I've been checking too, I entered a couple.

Old 03-05-2012, 12:11 AM   #8
bryank
Recipes 

I've entered a few and been watching too. It's my first comp too and can't wait for some honest feedback.

Old 03-05-2012, 12:21 AM   #9
AdamWiz
Recipes 

Liked 16 Times on 16 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolverinebrewer View Post
If it's anything like last year, Phil Sullivan will be taking home his share of medals.
Oh yeah, you can bet on a bunch of Phill Sullivan medals. That guy must brew about 6 days a week, he usually has 20+ entries in every competition. I don't think I've ever had more than 8-10 different beers on hand at any given time, and I brew pretty much every week. That guy is an absolute machine.

Old 03-05-2012, 12:24 AM   #10
AdamWiz
Recipes 

Liked 16 Times on 16 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Patience is not my strong suit - I've checked the website probably 10 times already today hoping to see the results posted.

Quick Reply