Zippered jackets/vests: zip up when in closet?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beergears

Reaction score
Zippers on vests and jackets: zip up when in closet?

I am asking, as SWMBO *always" zips mine up when I am not looking, and I find it a pain to unzip when taking out of closet - maybe I am the only slob who does not zip them up..? Let's see:

Do you:
  1. zipper them up before storing like a man/woman
  2. hang them them unzipped, like a man (heh)
  3. don't care either way
Note that (unecessary?) zipping create undue wear, IM EAC O

I always zip up the coats after they are hung. Makes for more room in the closet.

I also button every button on my hanging shirts. Keeps the collar in place and keeps the wrinkles to a minimum.

Yer no EAC. You are just a phreek.

I don't zip my jackets up in the closet. I do button my shirts all the way to the top for the same reasons as Gila mentioned above.

I'm just happy that the stuff gets put in the closet. Zipped or unzipped, I don't care.

We added a coat rack/hooks to our mudroom, because usually the coats didn't make it into the closet. They were just tossed onto the bench there, but at least now they're hung up.

just throw them in the dryer once a week, whether they need it or not.

(shirts= just the top button, cmon! if I had my choice, I'd just do all the buttons EXCEPT the top 3, then put 'em on like an izod. with all the time that would save, I might be able to have an extra beer by the end of the year).

I'd LAUGH if my wife zipped the jackets, that is so not like her.

If my coat will stay on a hanger unzipped I leave it that way, but I had a coat once that would slide off if I didn't fasten it somehow. That one ended up zipped. Otherwise I don't much care.

What I really found annoying was my wife's habit of storing a knit cap in the sleeve. To me that was like short-sheeting a bed.

Dave

Coats and vests get zipped to keep them on the hanger, most of the time. Shirts get either the second to top button to stay on the hanger or all but the top two so I can just pull it over and go, provided they will stay on the hanger.

Nope, never. Clothes that won't stay in their place without special attention are Goodwill bait. Nor do I own anything that cannot be machine washed or needs ironing.

Nope. I let the dry cleaner do the rare dress/button-up shirt so it's already pressed/buttoned. I don't fold much of anything; even blue jeans, tee-shirts, everything gets hung.

Hey, now you can leave the seat up though. Zippers up...seat up...seems fair.

Zippers usually get zipped...fits better on the hanger and ensures the jacket doesn't warp. Buttons just get the top button...otherwise it will have difficulty hanging.

But I'm often lazy and just throw it on the end of the bed, hang them on my door or put them in the closet without closing them.

So really I could take it or leave it. Or have it sometimes.

Zippers on vests and jackets: zip up when in closet?

I am asking, as SWMBO *always" zips mine up when I am not looking, and I find it a pain to unzip when taking out of closet - maybe I am the only slob who does not zip them up..? Let's see:

Do you:
  1. zipper them up before storing like a man/woman
  2. hang them them unzipped, like a man (heh)
  3. don't care either way
Note that (unecessary?) zipping create undue wear, IM EAC O

As long as it doesn't slip off the hanger, I always leave 'em unzipped.

meh, I just have a monster clothes hamper full of clean clothes. if i need a dress shirt or pants, I wash them the night before and keep them in the dryer and just give it the 10 minute dewrinkle in the morning before I put it on.

I don't really wear coats ever, just sweatshirts if its really cold. I just checked the only coat I own and its zipped up. Although I think my girlfriend put it away...

Latest posts

Back