workin on christmas eve

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2brew1cup

Reaction score
Anyone else pushin 13+ hours on christmas eve? At least im doing it as the craft beer assistant.

8hrs. day shift, but i'll be calling in sick tomorrow. I have'nt worked Christmas for 30 years, our new contract says I work X-Mas. I'm sick at home with family, call and see....Merry Christmas :)

12 hr day for me. Will be getting home just in time to open presents Sun morning.
Always ask our corrections guys, Do you want a busy night or a quiet night?

I am a city employee, so not only I am off today but I was off yesterday and I will be off on Monday as well:rockin:

Working right now, get off at 1800 and don't come back till Wednesday morning. Merry Christmas to everyone.

Greg

12 hours today, and 12 hours tomorrow. Kids are gone visiting their mother so it's no big deal... Especially for triple time.

Somebody has to keep the lights on.

Same here. Must be a fellow power plant operator:mug:

Feel sorry for those of you working this weekend, especially the guys with kids. I'm lucky enough to not only have Friday and Monday off for the Holiday, but my also just gave birth to our daughter yesterday. So I'll be off from this past Thursday until January 9th. :ban:

Merry Christmas from the hospital. I'm working a 12 today and an 8 tomorrow then on call the evening and grave. It was work Thanksgiving or Christmas this year so I chose Christmas. My son's not even two yet so makes no difference to him at this point.

Merry Christmas to all, whether at work or at home. Be safe. I don't wanna see you in the ER. :)

I cant complain, I've been off since the 16th and go back the 2nd. That's one perk of being a teacher i guess. But having to deal with teenagers (that aren't yours ;)) all year these breaks are definitely needed.

I started a business in 1995, haven't had a Christmas "off" or a vacation since then. But I might take a vacation next year. I usually say that. ;)

I've got a three day weekend but my wife works tonight and tomorrow night 1700 to 0300. Could be worse though... We have both been through periods of unemployment over the last couple years, so YAY! :D

Picked up a recently departed this evening, stuck on call until Monday night, just hoping the good Lord doesn't call anyone home in the next 24 hrs or so.

I am working Christmas. That's the joy of 24 hour shifts, so to compensate, the kids got their "santa'' visit a day early.

SWMBO is. She went in 11PM to 7AM, will be mandatory from 7AM to between 1 and 3 PM, and then has to be back in at 11PM.

Just finished up 12hrs at the hospital. Nobody goes to the hospital over Christmas. Well except for those who occasionally come in that are just trying to live long enough to see another Christmas.

Just finished up 12hrs at the hospital. Nobody goes to the hospital over Christmas. Well except for those who occasionally come in that are just trying to live long enough to see another Christmas.

The one I worked at was crazy last year. Lot of injuries from various kids toys anbd adults trying to relive their youth. Lot of car accidents too

I worked on a psych unit for about a year. Occasionally, I'd have to make a trip over to the ER. The most crowded I ever saw it was Christmas night. I could make some assumptions about the various injuries and ailments. Instead, I'll just point out the fact that the hospital was in a very rural area.

Worked yesterday and stuck here until 3 today. Luckily my kids are to young to read a calendar so tonight is christmas eve.

Tomorrow (26th) will be my last day of working a 17-day stretch. The 27th, we leave for Vermont. That's when my holiday season begins!

Better late than never!

Off for the weekend, this year. Had to work it last year, and already know i'll be working the holiday next year, so i've gotta enjoy this. I also had to work Thanksgiving, but it pays the bills and for the homebrew supplies. Merry Christmas everyone.

Back