Get your HBT Growlers, Shirts and Membership before the Rush!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > General Chit Chat > Places to get good beer near Randolph, NJ

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-08-2011, 11:26 PM   #1
mvdilts
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default Places to get good beer near Randolph, NJ

Hey folks, I figure if anyone would know where to get quality brews around Randolph NJ it would be y'all.

Work is sending me out there again next week and I need some suggestions on where I can find craft beers (either in restaurants or in stores). Last time I was out there I was very disappointed with what I found and unfortunately my colleagues out there haven't been enlightened on beer. I'm willing to drive up to 20 mins to find quality beer & eats.

"Boredom leads to tinkering. Tinkering leads to Rube Goldberg like brewing setups." - Yoda on homebrewing. (thanks to DarthBeer)

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-11-2011, 08:17 AM   #2
dirtyjerz
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvdilts View Post
Hey folks, I figure if anyone would know where to get quality brews around Randolph NJ it would be y'all.

Work is sending me out there again next week and I need some suggestions on where I can find craft beers (either in restaurants or in stores). Last time I was out there I was very disappointed with what I found and unfortunately my colleagues out there haven't been enlightened on beer. I'm willing to drive up to 20 mins to find quality beer & eats.
I'm from about 40 mins east of there, closer to NYC but I have friends that live up that way. There's a spot in Landing, NJ that's not to big but always have a decent stock of cold micro brews. This place is like 15 20 mins away from Randolph. It's just a store, no food or bar.

Liquor Factory Store‎
175 Lakeside Blvd # 9
Landing, NJ 07850-1109
(973) 398-6660

Also if you feel like driving 20 mins away there is a micro brewery located in Fairfield, NJ called Cricket Hill Brewery. From what I hear they love having people stop in to check it out and always offer samples. I haven't been there myself though, but I did like the beer I picked up from them at my last trip to the liquor store.

Cricket Hill Brewing Co., Inc‎
24 Kulick Rd
Fairfield, New Jersey 07004
(973) 276-9415
crickethillbrewery.com‎

I'm not sure what they have in craft brews but this place is well known for music. It's said some of the most famous blues musicians have been to this spot. They have a dinner menu but I don't know how good it is.

http://www.stanhopehousenj.com/ I believe they have Stella Artos on tap which I like, but did you know in the UK Stella is like a Bud? That's what they stock on the tour buses when bands are in town on tour. The crap beer of the UK. But yet we pay $8.00 a 6pack for it.

If you are driving from Newark Liberty airport you should stop at one of this places locations as they have a few craft brews from local brewery's. They have a large selection of craft beers in 4, 6, 8 and singles. Some cold some on the shelf. This one would be (some what) on your way to Randolph.

Home Liquors
360 Bloomfield Avenue
Verona, NJ 07044-2428
(973) 239-9813 ‎

If I can think or learn of other places from my friends up that way I'll let you know. When is your trip?

-----------------------------
HEY...That kangaroo stole my ball!

Old 04-11-2011, 06:34 PM   #3
mvdilts
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 1

DirtyJerz thanks for the suggestions! I fly out there tomorrow morning (flying into Laguardia) and head back home the morning of 4/20.

Old 04-12-2011, 03:26 AM   #4
techyakker
Recipes 

For a store near Randolph try Liquor Outlet Wine Cellars in Boonton. Great selection of craft beer and decent prices. Foreign and domestic, plus they have a lot that are cold, for faster consumption

Old 12-31-2012, 01:23 AM   #5
WannabeBeerNerd
Recipes 

Liked 24 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Not sure if you're still traveling to the area, but I moved to Randolph about a month ago and in my quest for a good local beer spot found the Morris Tap and Grill. A "gastropub" with 24 beers on tap and another 100 in bottles, knowledgable bartenders, and a former "Chopped" winner running the kitchen. They also just took over as the hosting spot for the area home brewers club. Enjoy.

Morris Tap and Grill
500 Route 10 west, Randolph, NJ 07869
973-891-1776

Quick Reply