Nice Buck

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 574

Dirty blonde
Reaction score
Woke up to this guy napping in my backyard a couple days ago. Figured I'd share since it's an awesome buck and pic. About 20 ft from the house.

Buck_in_Backyard_napping.JPG

That'd be the MN backyard not the desert backyard ;)

Gave up that sport about 15 years ago. But was almost tempted to bust out the bow since he kicked my landscape light making it all crooked.

Wait until he eats all of your plants, the garden, the hops, etc. Then you might pull out that bow quicker than you think!

Nice buck! I haven't seen too many this year, since we had a hard winter last yeast. I still throw apples at them when the get into my garden, though.

Nice, haven't seen one like that since scruffy-coat hit the area 3-4 years ago.

Definitely a nice one but you would have never seen him if you had a rifle/bow in your hands. I'm frustrated cause I just came away empty handed Monday and Tuesday in central Pennsylvania.

He's laying down like a freaking dog, go pet him:) After you remove the arrow from his neck. I mean seriously! He kicked your light!

indeed. she claims it scared her. i call bull****, she was pissed it was eating her garden. deer run from you unless they are accustomed to you being around. brutal old hag, don't cross her eh? :drunk:

there was an old granny arrested this past summer for clubbing a fawn to death with her garden shovel.

Venison veal, don't have any recipes in my book for that. But I bet it would be incredibly tender. Perhaps a schnitzel.Hmmmmm

Don't think deer don't attack:
http://www.upi.com/Top_News/US/2009/12/04/NC-woman-trampled-by-deer/UPI-88321259969730/

Besides what they have done to one of my cars in the past we have to take a stand and slaughter those little peaceful calm prancing ba$tards! Besides throw some Italian bread crumbs on good cuts of meat, smother in some good home made Italian gravy with some bell peppers, onion, and some mushrooms... and bake and let the flavors come together.....

So let's go find that light kicking buck and make a feast to make the world a safer place.. :)

Note: Why didn't anyone have a video camera around when the old lady was attacking the fawn... that would be awsome!

A young button buck attacked my buddies car a few falls ago while we were driving through the country.

He appeared on the road suddenly and we slowed down for him. He took one look at us and was on the war path.

Since it wasnt my car it was one of the coolest things I've seen.

Busted out the headlights and a few dents on the hood.

Rufus (transplanted desert dog) is having a field day chasing deer. Got the underground electric fence in now but when he sees deer he takes the shocks and is off and running.

rufus-in-mn-web.jpg

Didn't take a chance letting him out with the buck outside though. Pretty sure he'd be challenged.

Rufus (transplanted desert dog) is having a field day chasing deer. Got the underground electric fence in now but when he sees deer he takes the shocks and is off and running.

rufus-in-mn-web.jpg

Didn't take a chance letting him out with the buck outside though. Pretty sure he'd be challenged.
He's got a funny looking antenna.

I like your dog. Handsome devil. He'd probably get along well with my ladies until he ran under the electric fence. The girls don't like the electric fence.

does the collar continue to shock them after they break the plain? or is it just for a spell?

Nope, just when in range of the signal/wire in ground. About a 6 foot boundry perimeter of the yard. Warning beeps then shocks about 3-4x per sec.

And no, that mini shovel is not imbedded in his skull :D.

This one was laying down just like yours about 100 yards away (2006):

4x4%202006.jpg

This one was on the run at 250 yards (2009):

4x4%202009.jpg

This one was in the middle of a half dozen cows at 300 yards (2007):

Elk07.jpg

Back