Nazi Hops?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That seems a little strange! However I'd guess just about every piece of equipment/packing had the emblems on at that time though.

Brewpastor said:
OK, so I have finally found a brewing related item that I don't want.
Not even for storing the Hallertau for your Hefes?;)

Not really that wierd. Collectables are collectables even if from mad regimes and a lot of times are the more sought after.

I got some German/Nazi items from my dad who fought in WWII. German Mauser rifle & bayonnet, Helmet, canteen and medals. I never asked how and he'd never say anyways. I'm not a collector but it's more of a memorial of his efforts there to me. It'll go to my son eventually as well.

There's 1000's of it pumping around ebay.

It's very presumptuous for the guy selling this to claim it's a hop sack. The "H. Vpfl." stamped on the side stands for "Heeres Verpflegung" which means "Army Food Supply". More than likely it was just a grain sack of some sort.

My grandfather was a nazi soldier who later came to America. He brought back a lot of his army stuff. My mom found it not too long ago when she was cleaning out my grandma's house (my grandpa died when my mom was 6) and was shocked to find it all. I think she donated it to a Jewish Heritage museum. We didn't want to destroy it, but we didn't want to sell it to a kook.

Cheese, that'd be a tough one. I don't think I'd have kept that either. Too personal there but like most, he was just a grunt/pawn in the whole thing. Who knows why he kept it ultimately.

My grandparents fled from Germany to the US during WWI before my dad was born so he had no direct affiliation towards his heritage. But I always wondered what was going through the minds of his parents while he was over there.

Ok, getting too deep here.

Latest posts

Back