My boy relaxing in Iraq (he's a C-130 loadmaster)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
THE BRITS DO IT BETTER, LOL....
<BR>
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tOISlJ-dEgM&feature=related]YouTube - Hilarious Way To Marshall Jets[/ame]

I've Never Been To Baghdad... I Hear It's Rough. I'm Deployint To Kuwait In About 4 Months To Do An Ia.
Baghdad is ok depending on where you are.

If you're in Kuwait head to Arifjan for the swimming pool and sign up for MWR city trips. You get off the FOB for awhile and can take in the scenery (such as it is).

Oh snap, I've been there. Mob'd out of there in 2003. It's waaaay better than it used to be. It's fairly close to Kuwait City so if you can get your hands on a POV you should be set.

they were stops on the way home after being in the gulf for 7 months. We did and at month cruise. Before we hit rhodes we hadn't had a port call in 117 days.

well i already have an associates and i've been through naval aircrew school plus i'm fully qualed in my current MOS/rate. Hopefully, that puts me over the top

navy is beggin for me to stay and i'm like put bars on my shoulder and we'll talk about it lol. They don't negotiate like the army. Oh well, their loss.

right now i'm an E-5, not eligible for E-6 at the moment. I'm carrying early promote evals. I go to an army recruiter and i'm like i wanna fly. He said alright well you qualified for Blue to Green Warrant program just fill out this paperwork and have your command do the final ok. It took me 7 1/2 months to get my command to sign off on it, lol. They pull every bit of bull**** they could to delay it or tell my why i couldn't and i just kept pulling up NAVREGs and MILPERMANS of why i could lol.....

I can see why you're leaving. I'd heard from plenty of buddies how hard it was to get promoted in the Marines but I thought the Navy would be more inclined to promote.

its easy to make E-4 but after that it all depends on your job. Right now, mine is 113% over manned. Most people retire as and E-6 in my job b/c none of the old heads never retire so they block it up for folks like to make E-7.

Latest posts

Back