It's 0540 ...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JonM

Reaction score
5:40 a.m., the mash is on, SWMBO is sound asleep, and while I wait for this long mash to do its thing, I think I'll head to the neighborhood diner before resuming the brew. I kinda like this brewing at the crack of dawn thing.

The crack of dawn is so peaceful, but it must be damn frigid in Milwaukee.

I'm making a Christmas 2013 barleywine. Yep, it's a balmy 15F in Milwaukee, but peaceful as can be.

I love waking up early, with the grain milled, water filtered, and everything ready to go. Especially on the longer brews, it's nice to get done noon/early afternoon and brewing seems to go better when I'm drinking coffee instead of beer....:drunk:

Good point. And next time I do a 3 hour boil, I'm bringing more entertainment than the radio and iPhone.

2ish hour mash and a 3 hour boil makes for a long brewday, but a success. Only glitch was the March pump froze - like with ice. Thawed it with SWMBO's hair dryer and was back in business.

Back