GOOD on Netflix STREAMING?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
cheezydemon3 I do have to say that the SLO MO drug scenes looked cool, but........if real life is moving that slow, it is only because your perceptions are sped up. Someone in that state could put 4 bullets into you before you picked your first target. Meh, I overthink movies!
^^Could not stop thinking this exact thing. SWMBO asked why I liked State of Emergency so much. I replied its original, in its on way. She replies" It's a ZOMBIE movie? really.":D

Being in that state mentally (or perceptually) will not necessarily make you move that much faster. It would be more akin to the 'bullet time' in the Max Payne game where time is slowed so you can see and think more. If you actually moved that fast the gun would probably jam and you would probably tear your muscles and ligaments.

Now who overthinks movies?

He said Perception not speed as in you could see more coming, now you are over thinking posts :D

I watched The African Queen the other night.. Good movie, and made me reflect on how better, more nuanced acting and subtle plot lines made simple stories quite enjoyable. I think I may be getting into an old movie kick.

Being in that state mentally (or perceptually) will not necessarily make you move that much faster. It would be more akin to the 'bullet time' in the Max Payne game where time is slowed so you can see and think more. If you actually moved that fast the gun would probably jam and you would probably tear your muscles and ligaments.

Now who overthinks movies?

Your body would move at the same speed, but your reactions would be split second.

My assumption that you could fire 4 bullets might have been off, but you would see the enemy entering the room and have time to think through 3-4 options while you draw your weapon, before his eyes have even focused on you. You would have forever to line up a perfect shot in the time it takes him to raise his weapon.

At the very least you have the drop on him.

In the movie 2 judges got the drop on 10 or so people SLO MO'ing.

Probably already pointed out but Family Guy is in there. With extras, they're forced to cut out so much.

Edit working on a kindle sucks donkey @$&$

Dead Man is minimalistically, special effect freely AWESOME.

Cannibal the musical is corny awesomeness.

the GREY is Liam at his best........which is saying a LOT.

AMERICAN MARY dear R2D2!!!! As Good as the first season of breaking bad......

During my pathetic "non dating" phase, I was so much more able to delve into Netflix!!!!!

It hasn't lost it, I am just less pathetic.

Started watching Olympus is Falling. Did not like it. So now I am on Netflix watching Boondocks Saints. Much better.

I like Boondocks. Boondock Saints did not hold up to what 20 year old TX thought about it.

Boondock Saints is really good.......it is also pretty freakish.

Where I get lost *SPOILER* is when our 3 happy go lucky heros walk out the front door to a full on ambush by "the world's most dangerous man" and lose........a finger.

But that paled next to Willem Defoe in freaking DRAG taking one for the team by seducing a big fat bad guy.....

EYE BLEACH Please....

I like Boondocks. Boondock Saints did not hold up to what 20 year old TX thought about it.

I think in general it does not hold up to what any 20 year old thinks about it! It was "cool" when I first saw it as a teen, but even now at only 27 years old I can't help but see it as quite possibly the most painfully overrated movie ever made, to the point where I literally feel disappointed in myself knowing how highly I regarded it.

Edit: Just realized the above paragraph could also apply perfectly to Family Guy if the word "movie" was changed to "show".

Into the White-- waaaaay better than i expected, actually enjoyed it a lot; well worth the watch in my opinion..

I thought X was AWESOME though!!!

(Just in case there is any question: X is the name of the movie, not some strange pre-cursor to a spolier alert)

A couple of decent movies that can occupy a fri or sat evening with nothing else on:

Primer- A low budget film about a couple of engineers who make a time machine in their garage

Life Happens - Comedy, Kristen Ritter and that girl from the OC and the girl from the surfer movie blue crush...it is like three men and a baby except they are hot girls

Cashback- This one was surprisingly good I thought. It reminded me of a book called Fermata, a guy that stops time because he can't sleep and works nights in a grocery store. I think its a Brit comedy.

A couple of decent movies that can occupy a fri or sat evening with nothing else on:

Primer- A low budget film about a couple of engineers who make a time machine in their garage

I need to rewatch that one. I watched it... followed it closely... and still have no idea what happened. :D

I think in general it does not hold up to what any 20 year old thinks about it! It was "cool" when I first saw it as a teen, but even now at only 27 years old I can't help but see it as quite possibly the most painfully overrated movie ever made, to the point where I literally feel disappointed in myself knowing how highly I regarded it.

Edit: Just realized the above paragraph could also apply perfectly to Family Guy if the word "movie" was changed to "show".

I did stop watching Family Guy a few years ago and sold of my box set.

cheezydemon3 said:
When Southpark skewered Family guy, ala "manatees", I could never look at family guy seriously again.

I've aways thought family guy was stupid and loved that episode.

I still love Family Guy and South Park, but both of them have lost their touch in the last few seasons. Not nearly as much as The Simpsons though.

I thought X was AWESOME though!!!

(Just in case there is any question: X is the name of the movie, not some strange pre-cursor to a spolier alert)

I watched it because of the recommendation and thoroughly enjoyed it, despite knowing the ending due to that extremely clumsy spoiler alert. :eek:

I still enjoy watching Family Guy. It still amuses me when I need to relax, laugh, and just not care. I used to love The Simpson's when I was younger, however for the past 8-10 years I haven't felt myself caring to watch it all; if I do it's never as funny as it used to be!

Anyone have any recommendations for a series I might be able to get into watching? Preferably something with more than only 1 season.
Series enjoyed:
Prison Break
Breaking Bad

Series attempted, but didn't quite enjoy (Didn't make it past first 1 or 2 episodes):
Orange is the New Black
BSG
Weeds

I still enjoy watching Family Guy. It still amuses me when I need to relax, laugh, and just not care. I used to love The Simpson's when I was younger, however for the past 8-10 years I haven't felt myself caring to watch it all; if I do it's never as funny as it used to be!

Anyone have any recommendations for a series I might be able to get into watching? Preferably something with more than only 1 season.
Series enjoyed:
Prison Break
Breaking Bad

Series attempted, but didn't quite enjoy (Didn't make it past first 1 or 2 episodes):
Orange is the New Black
BSG
Weeds

Wow. I am with you, except BSG, the GREATEST television series ever, is in the wrong category. People can differ, but if you can't get through to liking BSG, we have nothing further to discuss.....

Assuming that was a typo:

Sons of Anarchy would probably appeal to you.

cheezydemon3 said:
Wow. I am with you, except BSG, the GREATEST television series ever, is in the wrong category. People can differ, but if you can't get through to liking BSG, we have nothing further to discuss.....

Assuming that was a typo:

Sons of Anarchy would probably appeal to you.

Have you watched the Portlandia episode that covers BSG? I can't stand much of the show, but that episode was worth seeing.

Of course I do! I just didn't wanna be all confrontational and stuff with the culprit, 'cos you know I never do confrontational. :)

take a swing, bro

Sondhiem_vs_Marsh.jpg

Latest posts

Back