Is fighting illegal?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't believe it is technically illegal as long as it's consensual and there is no betting involved.

They could quite easily find a way to shut you down though, public disturbance, noise, etc.

What are you planning?

Geeze that's weird. I mean if people want to fight, let them. *shrug*. As long as they aren't killing each other.

Seems to me that in Colorado...our DA will press charges on you for hitting another person....Mutual Combat or not. That's whats wrong with the world today! You can't box out an argument...so **** gets all pent up inside and sooner or later some kid shoots up a whole damn school.

Call fighting barbaric...or whatever...I don't care. When we could get our ass kicked for acting like we needed it....the world WAS a safer place.

in my experience one or both people are always unhappy with how the fight ends no matter how consensually it starts, if cops get involved someone will give them enough to get one or both people arrested.

Public disturbance ticket, every time. There is a reason for laws toward erratic driving and public disturbance.... that way the cops can use an undefined term to screw you whenever they want.

Now if you are on private property and both parties consent, then maybe it would be OK. Still if a cop saw you, you would likely be stopped and forced to explain yourself and prevented from continuing.

If it is organized then it is illegal in many states. I think it would fall under MMA at that point which can be illegal depending on the state. If it was just boxing and not really fighting then it would have to be approved by the states boxing federation........ I believe but not 100% sure.

But if it is just two guys for the hell of it and neither presses charges then i would imagine it would be legal.

Heck my friends and I used to fight each other for fun all the time. I really don't see the big issue. Aside from bar fights and all that. I mean two friends fighting. You know, like how cats pounce on each other to hone their skillz. :D I saw two dogs play fighting yesterday and made me think of this...

Now if you are on private property and both parties consent, then maybe it would be OK. Still if a cop saw you, you would likely be stopped and forced to explain yourself and prevented from continuing.

I remember the day I introduced a second Rooster into the flock. I wasn't really thinking...the first thing they did was square off! What's really funny was at that exact moment the state police drove by :D. They didn't stop, but then again I didn't have a crowd around the Chicken area either :p

I remember the day I introduced a second Rooster into the flock. I wasn't really thinking...the first thing they did was square off! What's really funny was at that exact moment the state police drove by . They didn't stop, but then again I didn't have a crowd around the Chicken area either

I've got $100 on Little Jerry Seinfeld!!

What is this, Obvious Cultural Reference Day?

" * Kramer: Just because Jerry Seinfeld is a has-been, don't make Little Jerry Seinfeld a never was!
* Jerry: Kramer give me that rooster!
* Kramer: Never! You hate him because he's doing more with your name then you ever will! Yeah!
"
Heheh

In this country if the police arrest you then regardless of what you have done they will prosecute you if they want to. It up's there detection and solved rates.

If they worst comes to the worst they'll get you on a public disorder deal.
At the lowest it can mean a section five which is as little as offending someone.

Bastids.

In this country if the police arrest you then regardless of what you have done they will prosecute you if they want to. It up's there detection and solved rates.

If they worst comes to the worst they'll get you on a public disorder deal.
At the lowest it can mean a section five which is as little as offending someone.

Bastids.

Wow that's pretty crazy. You know I read an article this morning, this guy got arrested for burning a cross (claiming he wanted it to be burned for a decoration for Halloween), which is messed up in its own right...but what struck me was they charged him (among other things) with a disorderly house. WTF is a disorderly house? It sounds like one of those things that could pretty much be construed as well, just about anything.

"Sir, I'm going to have to cite you for a disorderly house"
"Why, what did I do"?
"Your ducks are walking close to the road"

Back