Ever come down with a bad case of lazy?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CreamyGoodness

Reaction score
I have it so bad right now that I have a batch of apfelwein I need to rack, and I dont want to rack it.

Seriously, if you do it for me I'll give you a quarter. :drunk:

Think he meant a
Washington_Quarter_1.JPG

Edit: fixed the pic

I have it so bad right now that I have a batch of apfelwein I need to rack, and I dont want to rack it.

Seriously, if you do it for me I'll give you a quarter. :drunk:

Bwahahah. I have 5 gallons of apfelwein I should have bottled a month ago. I don't foresee it getting bottled for another month either :mug:

I managed to drum up enough gumption to brew a batch earlier this week, but now I'm supposed to be making a starter for a batch this weekend, and I have no desire to do a mini-mash in my rice cooker right now.

I managed to drum up enough gumption to brew a batch earlier this week, but now I'm supposed to be making a starter for a batch this weekend, and I have no desire to do a mini-mash in my rice cooker right now.

Hate to open a can of worms, but you should seriously consider making starters with table sugar. Half cup per quart/liter of water. Sprinkle yeast nutrients and a bit of olive oil. Don't knock it till you try it. Duck and cover time.

Hate to open a can of worms, but you should seriously consider making starters with table sugar. Half cup per quart/liter of water. Sprinkle yeast nutrients and a bit of olive oil. Don't knock it till you try it. Duck and cover time.

I should do that. I hate shelling out $$ for DME as an all grain brewer.

What's the oil for?

I haven't brewed in close to two months! I'm dying to brew and have an octoberfest to rack at some point. We've been doing a ton of work around the house so no time for fun.

passedpawn said:

Heresy!!!!

I'm due to keg two batches tomorrow. I guess I'll do it. Still waiting for my new kettle to come in so I can break it in. But getting it means I gotta brew another batch...sigh...

I guess one more wont kill me before summer really kicks in. I guess.

I should do that. I hate shelling out $$ for DME as an all grain brewer.

What's the oil for?

Olive oil helps the cells build walls and reproduce. It can completely replace the need to stir/shake/ add oxygen to a starter. There is a white paper somewhere that shows clinical evidence that it's effective.

Regarding using sugar, try it and see for yourself. I'm not ready to start pushing this, but I'm telling you it's been working for me for quite a while.

Olive oil helps the cells build walls and reproduce. It can completely replace the need to stir/shake/ add oxygen to a starter. There is a white paper somewhere that shows clinical evidence that it's effective.

Regarding using sugar, try it and see for yourself. I'm not ready to start pushing this, but I'm telling you it's been working for me for quite a while.

I'll definitely give it a shot. Anytime I can lower my per batch cost, SWMBO is happier.
I'll probably still use the stir plate I made, just because its AWESOME and hearing the stir bar clink clank wobble wobble is only second in this world to watching an airlock bubble!

Back