Awesome weather for a Homebrewing weekend

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigken462

Reaction score
Squeezing in the last few hours of my off time sitting in the recliner enjoying a Kolsch I made back in November. The weather has been fantastic this weekend and yesterday I enjoyed my first sunny day that I could brew without the heater wasting propane. Been a pretty nice weekend so far, now it's time to wear the springs out in the recliner and just relax.

Made the 130 mile round trip to HBS after getting off work Friday morning. Purchased a 10 gallon mash tun and supplies for a Blue Moon and Reissdorf Kolsch

Later Friday night I transferred 5 gallons of Fat Tire Amber Ale (BIAB) and
Bottled 5 gallons of Cream of Three Crops (BIAB) Mid morning I plugged the ingredients into Brewsmith for Saturday's brew and went to bed about 0300.

Saturday morning I woke up to the smell of coffee and brewed 5 gallons of Blue Moon using a cooler mash tun for the first time. Then fought with making a spin plate for 3 hours and after three trips to Radio Shack, destroying 4 wallworts, I said screw it and ordered one of the net. I'll fix this one later and use for a backup if I can find the patience to work on it.

Today I made a temp controller for a chest freezer that should be here this week and cleaned the disaster I made doing all the above!

i-LNSc2HW-L.jpg

And finally now, enjoying a hombrew.

Hope you guys have a good week,

It's great weather for brewing here in NW Ohio. Unless your job requires you to plow snow like mine does. :mad:

Back