Anyone want to make a map of homebrewers?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

milldoggy

Reaction score
Has anyone ever tried to map where the homebrewers in the are world are? I work for a mapping company and was playing around with a new release of cloud mapping technology. What do you think?

http://bit.ly/qhtgqf

there are a ton of home brewers... the map may get overcrowded... and I'm not sure of the benefit to mapping home brewers would be. Maybe a map of home brewing supply stores and resturaunt equipment stores etc. would be a better fit as an app.

I could add layers for clubs and stores. I was thinking about a denisty or heat map. Just something I was playing around with.

This is funny. [ame="http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&hq=&hnear=Milwaukee,+Wisconsin+53212&ll=42.712767,-87.868376&spn=0,359.99673&t=h&z=19&layer=c&cbll=42.712665,-87.868753&panoid=rzchRuODjIalR_4vwY2jOg&cbp=12,17.24,,0,7.21"]Homebrewer caught on Google Maps[/ame]

I use Google Earth to track my brewery/brewpub visits. When I click on the layer, all my points show up, it's pretty cool. To keep sharp, I like to try to "find" the place visually rather than just typing in the address and "flying" to it. I was a map analyst in the Army so I like to keep my skills up ;)

Here I sit at my intership with a government GIS agency loving this idea :)

Nice, how did you score that internship? What agency?

Has anyone ever tried to map where the homebrewers in the are world are? I work for a mapping company and was playing around with a new release of cloud mapping technology. What do you think?

http://bit.ly/qhtgqf

What mapping company? I recently graduated with a BS in GIS and its tough in this economy finding a job.

I changed my major to GEA (geospatial and environmental analysis) in the geography department going into my senior year last fall. I desperately wanted to get work experience so I offered to work unpaid for my county's GIS department. Its awesome and I get 3 credits for it!

I work for Esri, we are always hiring. We are a software company, so a lot of jobs are in sales or development, but we have ops in other areas. Send me a pm and we can talk.

We do have an office in San Ant and Dallas.

I'm spending my summer formatting our spatial data to collaberate with your "Community Maps Program" if you are familiar with that. So far I have made it through 8,000 of 267,956 buildings in my county to be mapped for you guys :D

nice, we have a lot great cities in the community maps program. Stuff looks much better than google!

i work for a federal agency and have been asked to learn how to use ArcGIS. Being an old geezer, this new technology is baffling to me.

Sheldon said:
i work for a federal agency and have been asked to learn how to use ArcGIS. Being an old geezer, this new technology is baffling to me.

I have been using it for ten years, I can give you a hand.

Latest posts

Back