Spike Brewing 12.5 Conical Fermenter Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Brewing Events & Local Gatherings > North West USA > Oregon HomeBrew Forum > What to drink in Portland OR?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-03-2011, 04:20 PM   #1
dukerutledge
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default What to drink in Portland OR?

I know this topic has probably been covered a million times here, but things change.

I'm headed to Portland OR next weekend for a quick visit, Thursday-Monday. What are the must drink beers/locations in Portland OR. Who is making waves, who has the best brew tour, what should I do to indulge my beer geekness in Beervania?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-03-2011, 04:43 PM   #2
Hophazard
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I'd definitely hit Hair of the Dog. My favorite beer since I've been here (currently visiting for 6 weeks - in week 5). I also thought Alameda Brewing and Laurelwood were good places to grab a bite and a sampler platter. Upright is making some interesting saisons and belgian-style beers in a little basement that's cool to visit. Horse Brass is the iconic bar and worth checking out. I'm sure others will chime in, but so far those have been my favorites!

Old 03-03-2011, 05:22 PM   #3
Beernip
Recipes 

Liked 9 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 6

+1 for Hair of the Dog.

Also the Cascade Brewing Barrel House if you like sour type beers. I also like the Deschutes Brewery pub for dinner and beer.

Old 03-04-2011, 09:01 PM   #4
bitmask
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 2

McMenamins locations are pretty cool, and there beers are pretty good. Their Terminator Stout is great.

Kennedy School is my favorite --an old elementary school that they've converted. It has a theater that you can sit on sofas and eat pizza and drink beer while watching the movie. Multiple bars. It's like school should be.

There are other ones that have theaters or are in cool buildings as well (Cornelius Pass Roadhouse is an old barn). And then there are lots that are just in strip malls, but still have the beer. Depends on where you'll be in p-town, but if you're near one it's worth having a beer at.

Quick Reply