South Jersey/Philly Group Buy... ROUND 9!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Damn! I must have either used them of sold them. Sorry. All I see are 2 holes where they were.
Will we see you at Iron Hill Tuesday 7PM? One of our homebrewers is having a Beer Release.

Will we see you at Iron Hill Tuesday 7PM? One of our homebrewers is having a Beer Release.
I wish I could! My wife works over at Blue Monkey Tuesday nights. Maybe if you guys don't drink it all Tuesday, I'll swing by Wednesday for a pint!

Jeff,

No shanks here. All of mine are being used but kegworks.com has really good prices for the whole fridge conversion set. I picked up a shank and some replacement faucet parts from them recently. Shipping was slow but I was willing to wait.

Also, infection is going to be picking up my grain tonight since I will see him tomorrow at IH. Just wanted to let you know.

ATTENTION!
With the weather being how it is, we will have to cancel the pickup tonight!
No one wants a wet sack of grain!

We will reschedule for Thursday, November 11th. Same time.

I hope this isn't a problem for anyone. If you can't make it Thursday, let me know and I'll arrange tohave you grain held for you.

I hope everyone checks here first and sees that its been canceled for tonight!

One good thing about the change, you'll be able to pick up from my work anytime between 1pm and 7pm. I'll PM the details tonight.

The following message was sent out to everyone who's inbox isn't full...
After today's rain ruining our pickup, i was forced to change the pickup day and location to Thursday, November 11th.
The new pickup location is:
P.C. Richard & Son
1450 Nixon Drive
Mount Laurel, NJ 08054

(BACK LEFT SIDE OF THE BUILDING - CAR STEREO INSTALLATION)
Anytime between 4pm - 7pm.
If you can not make it on this day and can not get someone to pick up for you, please let me know so i can make arrangements.

The new pickup location is only minutes away from the original one. The change in location was due to the fact that we would have been charged storage fees for leaving our grain on their dock!

Any questions, please call me @ 856-xxx-xxxx
The shipping company was going to try to charge me storage fees for not picking up the grain tonight so i've made arrangements to have it moved. The new pickup location is minutes away from the original one and 3 blocks from Iron Hill.

I'm going to be working on a new location for the next round and plan to start it Wednesday morning/afternoon so get your new orders ready!
Sorry if it has set anyone back! Can't control the weather!

Thursday's are crazy for me so I don't know if I can make it for the pickup. Is anyone close to Audubon who could pick it up and then I could get it Friday or Saturday? I just have 1 bag of CM 2row. Let me know. Thanks.

Great thanks. What would be better for you, Friday afternoon 3:00 or so or sometime on Saturday? Also, let me know where to go. I really appreciate it.

How often do you guys do this? I just ordered a BC, and I'd like to start buying bulk grain. Plus, if have grain on hand, I can brew more often....woo hoo.

That is great. I just made a single malt pale ale and used up most of my Maris Otter. Still some specialty grains I want to stock up on for the winter too.

I have a couple questions about this process before I jump in on it. Sorry if these have been covered.

1. How do I pay for what I get? Through the website?
2. I know there's people who chop up bags but is it possible to only get like, 5 pounds of something?
3. How much does a sack usually come out to on the group buy, roughly?

Thanks guys

I have a couple questions about this process before I jump in on it. Sorry if these have been covered.

2. I know there's people who chop up bags but is it possible to only get like, 5 pounds of something?

Thanks guys

Thanks guys

1. Payment is through PayPal or check to the person who runs the group buy, Lordura.
2. Most sacks are split 1/2, 1/3, or 1/4.
3. Different malts have different prices. The catalog will be available when the group buy is posted tonight.

mikey - I am sure that some fellow brewers, myself included, could split up a few pounds of grains for you. For storage, I use the large Rubbermaid Totes. They seem to do the job as long as the grain is not sitting around for more than 6 months at a time. I have also used screw-on lid plastic tubs from crackers, pretzels, etc. with success for smaller amounts.

You definitely want to set up a PayPal account if you don't already have one. It is fast, free and there are no surcharges. Makes everyone happy to get their grain faster and is better than waiting around for checks in the mail and then waiting again for them to clear.

If anyone would like to pick up tonight at my house after 8pm, give me a call. It would really save me the trouble of lugging bags!

Thanks

Thanks for the advice ferman. I figured those rubbermaid bins were good enough. I actually use one for keeping my fermenters in inside my brew closet. They're cheap enough to get another.

I have a pay pal, never used it though. I'll have to make a deposit. I like this idea. I've been thinking of ways to get the cheapest ingredients, and this has to be it. The added bonus is that I'll brew more often if I have the stuff on hand. I guess guys just work it out on their own if they want a certain poundage of a sack. I know Airborne is also in SI so maybe we can work something out. I'm gonna get in on this for sure. Gonna check the site now and see what id like to have on hand.

Thanks for your help guys

Thanks for the advice ferman. I figured those rubbermaid bins were good enough. I actually use one for keeping my fermenters in inside my brew closet. They're cheap enough to get another.

I have a pay pal, never used it though. I'll have to make a deposit. I like this idea. I've been thinking of ways to get the cheapest ingredients, and this has to be it. The added bonus is that I'll brew more often if I have the stuff on hand. I guess guys just work it out on their own if they want a certain poundage of a sack. I know Airborne is also in SI so maybe we can work something out. I'm gonna get in on this for sure. Gonna check the site now and see what id like to have on hand.

Thanks for your help guys

If anyone can pick up from my house tonight after 8, please call me. It'll save me from lugging so many bags

mikey,

Myself and a few other members from the New Brighton Homebrew Society have been putting our orders in through this grain buy. I collect all the payments and send one payment to lodura. I then arrange for a mule pickup which bmoor has been helping me with. I then have everyone in SI pickup from me.

Only problem is we just put in a large order in this last buy and probably won't be putting in for a few months. So after this next order if you want to get in with us to simplify the whole thing for you, you are more than welcome.

Thanks Airborne, the pm I sent you was before I read this, so sorry. I think I like your simplified approach better. I just don't brew enough to order sometging every time there's a group buy. So maybe ill skip this one and get in with you guys next time. Thanks a bunch for the heads up

Nah, I'll definitely wait till next time and get in with you guys. I already have 2 fermentors full, and I'm brewing 5 gallons saturday, so I'm gonna be all maxed out with fermentors. I need to order more buckets, that's the problem. I'm not gonna have 10 gallons freed up for at least another 3 weeks, so if I order enough grain for one more 10 gallon batch, it won't bother me too much. By that time, the next group buy should be ready to go.

Like I said before, if you need hops, I have about 8 different variety's in my freezer, so if you need something in a pinch, feel free to see what I have. I have centennial, cascade, nelson sauvin, simcoe, sorachi ace, cluster, warrior, citra, and a half ounce of hallertau. Some are half pounds and some are just an ounce, but whatever. If you need anything, don't order it, just let me know.

No, I didn't start it yet. Had some drama to deal with. I won't be starting it until tomorrow afternoon so get your orders ready!

Everyone who is picking up today, the grain is ready. I'll be here until 630-700.

Latest posts

Back