LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-23-2012, 12:18 AM   #91
mikeysab
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 26 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 432 Times on 341 Posts
Likes Given: 3

So if i want a 20 gallon non jacketed'its 670. Thats delivered to my door? Or do i have to pay shipping from china to CBB,then pay shipping from CBB to me? Also, this comes with all the fittings becessary? Just trying to understand what makes this so appealing when the 22 gallon brewhemoth, which is made in America, is 639. Also, did anyone confirm through Glacier that their tanks come from this source or did you just take wun hung lo's word for it?

Mikeysab on untappd.

Quick reply to this message
Old 10-23-2012, 10:48 AM   #92
MaxOut
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 57 Times on 41 Posts
Likes Given: 2

In the first post pricing is FOB? FOB to their port or US? Who's picking them up from the US port? Does the FOB price include VAT? I'm on the east coast and shipping for a 1 BBL is about $400.00 each. Add any more fees and I might as well buy from a reputable source here in the US like Glacier especially if they are the same quality just for the piece of mind.

1BBL non jacketed $750.00 + 17% VAT = $877.50 + Shipping to East Coast $400.00 =$1277.50 + Warranty?? What happens if damaged during delivery (happens all the time)?? There is too many ???

Quaker- I’m not waffling just trying to get a grip on the actual cost to determine if there is any value? We are fortunate to have you as our eyes at the factory but in the end is it worth risking thousands of dollars on fermenters that literally have no warranty. I’m not sure Glacier tanks is going to rush to our aid if there is something wrong with them?? They are backed up 12 weeks.

Based on the lack of info and???? I’m not willing to risk it. Good luck with your buy.

I’m out…………..

Old 10-23-2012, 11:12 AM   #93
bmason1623
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 2 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 148 Times on 115 Posts
Likes Given: 162

Get a good customs broker to arrange shipping. There will be duties to pay, trucking fees, etc. If the shipment gets randomly called for inspection that adds to the cost. That vendor's prices are not all that great. Good luck.

Old 10-23-2012, 03:05 PM   #94
TxBrew
Der Administrator
HBT_ADMIN.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 1573 Times on 506 Posts
Likes Given: 811

Group buys are limited to ingredients.

http://www.homebrewtalk.com/f174/gro...-rules-232534/

This thread is being closed as it is in violation of the rules.

Closed Thread

Quick Reply