Is there a one stop shop ?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BxBrewer

Reaction score
I would really like to move into electric brewing. My limitations is size and volts. Would like something that can do 4-5 gallons 120v 20a. Is there a place that i can buy a kit with everything included to install ? Maybe a controler pre built ? Or is my only option to buy the parts individual ?

I read the post in the kegkits and that would fit the bill ! Are they the only ones who have a complete package comming out or are there others ?

There is also www.highgravitybrew.com. They have everything from boil kettles to several types of controller, unfortunately they are geared more to larger batches. Their kettles start at 15 gallons and their controllers are for 220 v 3 or 4 prong plugs. You might want to reach out to them, they might be able to customize a controller for you.

I just had a killer experience with Ryan from ebrewsupply.com

He hooked me up with everything I needed, sans kettles and pumps, and his customer support was outstanding. The heating elements came pre-built and needed no extra work done to be installed- I just cut the hole and popped them in! The temp probes are in transit at the moment with the panel, again, just cut the hole and pop it in.

The main panel is on its way as we speak, wired and tested. This is the closest to plug-and-play that I found in my search- having ZERO electrical confidence in myself made this a no brainer for me.

The only issue I can imagine is that you may not be able to find a package (really anywhere) offered that is for 120v. Certainly worth asking though!

Thank you guys ! The search continues.... I did like the Kegkits system that was listed. But after some looking, seems like there has been alot of negitive about the company. Thats why i started this post to see if there was a diffrent option. I wonder if i could get away with an insulated kettle and a induction burner ?

Been working with Ryan from ebrewsupply.com. The guy has been awesome so far, answering any questions I have had.

if you go with 120 you really dont need a controller. I use 2 1500 watt elements running off two different breakers. I just plug'em in and let rip at full blast. Boil up to 8 gallons no problem. 20+ batches and no scorching issues.

Back