Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Electric Brewing > Ready to get this party started... with tons of help of course

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-03-2012, 07:30 PM   #11
kosmokramer
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 33 Times on 28 Posts
Likes Given: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by P-J View Post
With a 50A feed you should not have problems running both at the same time (with the pumps as well).

With a 50A feed, there is also additional cost for setting up your controller. You would need to have circuit breakers within your controller. That would be about $50 more for the breakers.

The only time you would need to run both at the same time is if you were running back to back batches, IMHO.
Okay, makes sense... ill go the way the drawing shows on a 30 amp feed. Where would i had in some status lamps? This. Is just to add to the coolness of the panel even the network interface should tell me whats happenin on the monitor. Also as far as ordering part do i just look up the ratings you provided? I would like to get items on order as soon as i can. It feels like an achievement even getting this far...lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bsquared View Post
Kosmokramer- If you are willing to drive out to San Diego one weekend or in the evening, I have an keg I cut open and was using as an HLT/HEX, but I was trying to braze fittings on to it and I over heated it and it cracked. I'm sure It would be a simple fix for an experienced TIG welder. You can have it for free. I can give you a tour of my all electric set up, that I built using PJ's help, too.

If you are interested PM me and I'll send you some pictures of it.
The swimbo and i were planning to take a drive out there this weekend or next weekend... ill send u a pm after i get out of work

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-03-2012, 11:12 PM   #12
kosmokramer
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

also,,, what size enclosure do you guys think id need?

Old 05-07-2012, 02:46 AM   #13
kosmokramer
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

PJ, I was reading in some other threads that a 40a ssr on the element side runs cooler and more efficient than the 25 amp with 5500 watt elements. Is that nullified in this diagram due to the use of the contactors?

Old 05-07-2012, 09:46 AM   #14
P-J
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 250 Times on 201 Posts
Likes Given: 441

Quote:
Originally Posted by kosmokramer View Post
PJ, I was reading in some other threads that a 40a ssr on the element side runs cooler and more efficient than the 25 amp with 5500 watt elements. Is that nullified in this diagram due to the use of the contactors?
Thanks for catching that. I messed up when I placed the SSR images. The element SSR's should have been 40A units. Apparently I placed the wrong ones and never realized it. With a 5500W element, the amp draw would be 23A. That's really pushing it for a 25A SSR.

I changed the diagram now to show properly.

Thanks again.

P-J

Old 05-07-2012, 03:01 PM   #15
kosmokramer
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

No prob and thanks again for your help. Another question though... would the ssr from amazon that have a 3-32 dc input and 24~380 ac control work or does it need to be 90~480?

Old 05-07-2012, 07:53 PM   #16
P-J
Recipes 

Quote:
No prob and thanks again for your help. Another question though... would the ssr from amazon that have a 3-32 dc input and 24~380 ac control work or does it need to be 90~480?
That is A-Ok.

For the Auber Instruments PID it's Ok as long as the control voltage is in a DC range. The output is also well within the range of your mission.

P-J

Old 05-15-2012, 01:19 AM   #17
kosmokramer
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

PJ, I saw a drawing you did with non illuminated 3 position selector switch which had one light for manual and one for bcs which would light depending on position of the switch and a buzzer but i cant find it anymore. Can you incorporate that into mine?

also, do you think this enclosure will be large enough for what you drawn for me?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...:X:RTQ:US:1123

sean

Old 05-15-2012, 01:55 AM   #18
P-J
Recipes 

Quote:
PJ, I saw a drawing you did with non illuminated 3 position selector switch which had one light for manual and one for bcs which would light depending on position of the switch and a buzzer but i cant find it anymore. Can you incorporate that into mine?

also, do you think this enclosure will be large enough for what you drawn for me?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...:X:RTQ:US:1123

sean
Regarding the enclosure. I really don't know if all of the components including the BCS would fit in it. The price is right and worth a chance.

Regarding the drawing, I believe this is the one that you saw:

As always - click on the image to see a full scale diagram printable on Tabloid paper (11" x 17")

Hope this helps.

P-J

Old 05-15-2012, 04:20 AM   #19
kosmokramer
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Yup. That is the one. Is there any way you can incorprate those lights switches and buzzer into mine? Im still very new and learning so it will help out a bit. Also what voltage lights and switches do i need to buy? Ill have a friend help me get it all together but i want to make surei order all the right parts. Thanks pj. If theres anything i can do to repay for your time please let me know

Old 05-15-2012, 04:24 AM   #20
kosmokramer
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Got a couple packages in today

2012-05-14_20-52-50_24.jpg   2012-05-14_20-49-54_683.jpg  

Quick Reply