MYPIN TD4 "Manual Mode" Pulse Width Setting?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zettwoch

Reaction score
So, after purchasing three of the MYPIN TA4's, I quickly realized that the TA4 doesn't have a manual mode. I subsequently purchased the TD4 and I'm able to set the "percent" on fairly easily and get it functioning as designed. However, I can't seem to figure out how, or if, there is a way to change the pulse width. Right now, at 50%, it seems to cycle on and off once per second, so basically it comes on each second and goes off in the middle of each second.

Is there a way to lengthen the time of the cycle? I'm just worried that the PID and/or SSR will go bad more quickly with all the cycling. Even at 60 cycles per minute, and sometimes 90 minute boils, that's 5400 cycles just for the boil.

If I'm out of luck, so be it, and I'll just order some back-up parts, but if someone knows if the TD4 can be set up to increase the pulse width, please let me know...

Don't worry. Since there is no mechanical parts it can cycling as fast as you wish with no wearing. SSVR for eaxmple cycles 120 times per second.
However you need to care about SSR temperature. Keep it cool to prolong its life.

Thanks for the input. I've got a 40 amp SSR for the 5500 watt heaters, so that should be adequate. Its bolted to a heat sink which is also transferring heat through portions of the control panel as well and it stays "touchable" during the entire boil.

Back