Interface disks and conduction brewing

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jpartschjr

Reaction score
If your brew pot does not have the proper materials in the base could you compensate with an interface disk? Will this alter the heat control time to boil, etc?

I want to get out if the kitchen and was going to build a shelter logic shed for outdoor brewing but it gets extremely cold in the north east. I have a two family home that we do not rent out while we live here so i have the power for an electric brewery and spare kitchen.

An all grain 5/10 gallon set up seems to be out if my
Budget for the typical electrical brewery but conduction option may have changed that.

I need new brew kettle and HLT/tun anyway but wanted to hold out for a brew gear pot that i wont see until June.

Any help/advice is greatly appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Think you're talking about induction cooktop, yeah, the interface disks do wok
Don't know what impact on heating is though

You could get set up with a simple electric brewery for less than the cost of an induction cooktop, I would think.
Heat stick to keep it really simple, or two pots with manually controlled heating elements, and a GFCI breaker in the electric panel?

I have looked into electric brewing but couldn't find enough to make me confident i could set it up. I have about 400$ budget after mash tun i got. I want to do all grain. I guess i just haven't read enough. The cooktop I'm looking at is 180$ and take up little space in the unused upper apartment i am using.

I am happy to accept any advice

Jparts - Check this vid out for a review on the Max Burton interface disc. Starts at about 7:30 into vid. Looks like it would not work well?

I would recommend getting an induction ready kettle such as the tri-ply Bayou Classic or the Megapot 1.2. I disagree with his view of induction cooktops. Mine works great so far!

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow thanks for the find! Yeah for the cost, if i go induction I'm just going to get another pot! Can use my current as an HLT

Back