Electric brewery plans - need help

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey guys, I've had zero issues with any of my connections, and this was advice from PJ himself. If it is in fact bad practice to fold the wire in the terminal, then I won't encourage such thing to others. I didn't solder my connections, despite PJ's advice, but maybe that's a good thing?

Awesome thread, TB, and awesome advice from Kal, PJ, and other experts. I am just beginning to plan my e-herms. Will use lots of info/planning from this post - thanks!

tcb

Does anyone on this thread still have the wiring diagram from the Tiber-Brew or P-J? None of the links are showing anymore. It would be interesting to compare to what is done today.
Brewjitsu had what was attributed to as bad crimps, but if those busses were connected to multiple breakers, he could have been drawing up to 50A which is more than the 10Ga wire should handle. I believe Tiber-Brew has this same problem but with the better crimps, does not see the problem carrying 50A to his bus bars with 10Ga wire.

Does anyone on this thread still have the wiring diagram from the Tiber-Brew or P-J? None of the links are showing anymore. It would be interesting to compare to what is done today.
Brewjitsu had what was attributed to as bad crimps, but if those busses were connected to multiple breakers, he could have been drawing up to 50A which is more than the 10Ga wire should handle. I believe Tiber-Brew has this same problem but with the better crimps, does not see the problem carrying 50A to his bus bars with 10Ga wire.
Current designs aren't much different. Although PIDs are best replaced by Auber EZBoil controllers, which just work better, and have more capabilities for brewing, than basic PID controllers.

Brew on :mug:

Back