Ebiab experiences

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mk1271

Reaction score
Well here is my first brew. I attempted to recirculate my wort through the grain bag but had problems with the grain bag clogging. On this brew I ground my grain super fine and my bag was a half poly half cotton material. So for my next brew this Saturday I will use a coarser grind and a 100% poly bag. So on this brew I kept the element on and stirred several times through out The mash. I might have to scrap the recirculating. I'm trying to create a set and forget mash process. On a very positive note I will say electric is hands down the way to go and I was over efficient withe the bag.

image-3200347427.jpg

image-2771819476.jpg

image-2165770871.jpg

image-3680212611.jpg

image-3554446112.jpg

image-1609651988.jpg

image-3148249038.jpg

image-1808246515.jpg

image-59374214.jpg

image-199699582.jpg

image-132726028.jpg

image-3860452520.jpg

i had a false bottom made from a bbq grill. the liquid would gather on top of the grain and the grain bag would suck down tight to the false bottom. so no it wasnt getting stuck in the pump

On your next attempt I'd keep the recirculation and just try out the 100% polyester bag. I've done a really fine grind and my poly bag handled it no problem. That was when I was on propane, going dual-vessel setup with a false bottom now :)

Gunner

How did u have your false bottom? What is it made from?

I do not use it anymore I just make sure that my bag is not sitting on the dip tube because that stops the flow. The ULWD elements do not damage the voile I tested that theory before I started brewing. If my grain bag touches my element I have no worry.

To answer your question my element cover that I had built was made out of perferated stainless sheeting that we use at work and were throwing a small piece out. I just bent it into a recatangle that covered the element.

I am in the process of switching to a pot with a crab cooker just to make the brew day that much easier.

thanks gunner,for the advise. My brother brought over a new bag, we are mashing away right now as i type and with full circulation set and forget it. I couldnt be happier with my setup now.

Good to hear and lucky for you to be brewing in the daylight hours I have to wait till the babes are sleeping.

How do you like your system so far? How's the dip tube work with all the trub post boil?

Back