Any cheap/reasonable prices on 240V 30Amp plugs and outlets online?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jflongo

Reaction score
I just went to Lowes to price out some plugs and outlets for 3 prong 240V 30A, and it was quite pricy. Just wondering if anyone knows of a good online retailer for that stuff.

Amazon seems pretty reasonable just search 6-30 for straight blade or L6-30 for locking.

Thanks, looks like I can use this to plug it into my current outlet I used to use for my welder, to power my Electric Box setup, into my earth leakage circuit breaker in my box.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000VL6X22/?tag=skimlinks_replacement-20

Mount this in my electric box for the element to plug into.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000P9UZ92/?tag=skimlinks_replacement-20

This one from my HLT element side and plug it into the electric box I'm building.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00004YUKC/?tag=skimlinks_replacement-20

$36.68 with prime 2 day free shipping

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm a contractor and have been buying electrical parts for many years. Amazon's prices often beat the wholesalers we use. The prime shipping is great too. Good luck with the project.

I spent the last 90 days building my panel and BK cords. Amazon has good prices, but shop around, they will ask 40$ for 6L-30 outlet, then a click away it's 12.50$. I found out the hard way, make sure you get the correct fitting. For example, everything I got was 6L-30 fittings. 12L-30 will not fit.

Try eBay as well. NOS (new old stock) often comes up. I bought all my receptacles and plugs there.

Keep in mind too that you can oversize the requirements. For example, my receptacles/plugs are rated to 600V instead of 300V as that's what was readily available (and cheaper) when I was looking to order. You can always go higher voltage or current than what you need.

Kal

Try eBay as well. NOS (new old stock) often comes up. I bought all my receptacles and plugs there.

Keep in mind too that you can oversize the requirements. For example, my receptacles/plugs are rated to 600V instead of 300V as that's what was readily available (and cheaper) when I was looking to order. You can always go higher voltage or current than what you need.

Kal

Except with the breakers and fuses. :)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Home Brew mobile app

I recently bought 8 pairs of the switch craft plugs and outlets for around 9$/pair. 5 batches with them and I love them. Cheap enough so I could use more to disconnect heavy wires like connecting my kettles and panel.

I'm pretty happy with the ones I just got from amazon. one outlet and two plugs, that can be configured for 30A - 50A. Averaged out to $12 each after shipping.

Latest posts

Back