yeast starter.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

homebrewertodd

Reaction score
Hi. I have a question. I'm doing my first yeast starter. I put my info into a calculator, and it told me I needed a 2 liter starter with 200 mg dme. I messed up when I added the dme, I added 200 g, instead of mg. I also added 1/4 tsp yeast nutrient. I was told the nutrient would help. My question is will the difference in dme hurt the yeast? Oh, and I put two vials in. Thanks for any help. Todd

homebrewertodd said:
Hi. I have a question. I'm doing my first yeast starter. I put my info into a calculator, and it told me I needed a 2 liter starter with 200 mg dme. I messed up when I added the dme, I added 200 g, instead of mg. I also added 1/4 tsp yeast nutrient. I was told the nutrient would help. My question is will the difference in dme hurt the yeast? Oh, and I put two vials in. Thanks for any help. Todd

It should actually be grams, not mg it's a typical 10:1 ratio. A 1L starter would use 100g, a 2l would use 200g, I think you misread it:)

Ok, great! Thanks for the help. I think I was trying to do two things at once and didn't hear the right thing, (was watching a you tube video, and watching tv). Thanks for the help. I feel better now

Back