Warm fermentation solutions??

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AmandaK

Reaction score
I'm about to start brewing a few saisons. But I want to make sure I can get the temperature to the upper 80s. I just watched the new BTV episode and it got me thinking.

I'm leaning towards the FermWrap, but I'm not sure how to control the temp unless I buy a Ranco or similar.

Suggestions?

I am going to brew a saison and will be breaking out my old swamp cooler set up. went to the pet store and picked up a 300 watt aquarium heater for 23 bucks.

I never really got into the swamp cooler thing. Seems pretty messy. Plus, I'm a nerd and like electronics.

Does anyone have any cheaper solutions than a Ranco or simliar? I don't really want to spend $70 on just the thermostat.

I used a fermwrap all winter with just a simple dimmer. Kept my temps pretty much right around 64°.

I used a fermwrap all winter with just a simple dimmer. Kept my temps pretty much right around 64°.

What kind of dimmer did you use? Just a simple (what I would call) light switch one from Home Depot or something?

Yes....just a simple lighting dimmer installed in a 4" square box with a receptacle installed in the same box. Add a power cord, and you're all set. While you do have to manually adjust it every now and then, it worked pretty well.

Back