Stuck fermentation

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

socalbrewer1796

Reaction score
I can see the yeast in the wort suspended and lil to no fermentation. It's only been a few days but I think something's not right because only of my beers in the past have taken off in a few hours to a day. I believe I didn't get enough oxygen in the wort. Can I take the airlock off and shake it around to get some oxygen in the primary

socalbrewer1796 said:
I can see the yeast in the wort suspended and lil to no fermentation. It's only been a few days but I think something's not right because only of my beers in the past have taken off in a few hours to a day. I believe I didn't get enough oxygen in the wort. Can I take the airlock off and shake it around to get some oxygen in the primary

It's not stuck, it's working, perhaps not as quickly as you like but it's year and it works at its own pace:

If you did not get good aeration then lag time is longer but do not start shaking things up now, just leave it and learn for next time.

Latest posts

Back