Starter only fermented wort 10 points.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Soldevi

Reaction score
I had made a starter out of some yeast that I saved from a previous starter. (1275) On the stir plate it went crazy foaming out the top of my flask. I put it in the fridge for 2 days and took it out on brew day to warm up. It smelled a little like eggs but since it seemed to ferment well I used it.

I made a pale ale with some home grown hops OG 1.053. I decanted the starter and pitched at 64*. It also seemed to ferment well, I had a good amount of yeast come thru the blowoff tube.
It's been 5 days and has slowed down so I thought id take a reading. 1.043. WTF

Soldevi said:
I had made a starter out of some yeast that I saved from a previous starter. (1275) On the stir plate it went crazy foaming out the top of my flask. I put it in the fridge for 2 days and took it out on brew day to warm up. It smelled a little like eggs but since it seemed to ferment well I used it.

I made a pale ale with some home grown hops OG 1.053. I decanted the starter and pitched at 64*. It also seemed to ferment well, I had a good amount of yeast come thru the blowoff tube.
It's been 5 days and has slowed down so I thought id take a reading. 1.043. WTF

Hydrometer calibrated??

Back