Small batch fermenting container

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

landrer

Reaction score
I am wanting to start brewing small one gallon batches. I am looking for good small food grade containers (1.5 to 2 gallon). I found the container below. My question is, would a skinny or unsymmetrical container affect fermentation. I figured that I could prop the container at an angle so that it has a "faux" conical effect with the spout pointing downward at a slight angle. Am I making any sense.

2GallonBPAfree.jpg

I have used those for test batches. You can get them at walmart and target. Drill a hole in the screw top and put an airlock on it. I found they are just about perfect to bottle straight out of the spigot if you keep them level. I have a bottling wand and hose that connect right into the spigot. Only problem is they are a pain to clean, but an overnight soak of oxyclean works well. I primary only for a month and then bottle with carb tabs.

Latest posts

Back