Lil help for the noob!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

UKFreak

Reaction score
Ok, mixed up a batch of Pumpkin Ale, using a Wyeast smack-pack. Bubbled like crazy for about 3 days then quit. Left it alone for the rest of the week, then went ahead & racked to secondary. My OG was about 1.045, & when I tested @ transfer was 1.012, but is really cloudy. (i got same reading 3 days straight) Now, question is should I add fresh yeast & give it another week or so (the FG seems to suggest it's done) or maybe just use Polyclar and/or Isinglass & go ahead & bottle? Help!!!

I would let it sit in secondary for a few more days and bottle.

What is the problem? OG 1.045, FG 1.012.

Leave it alone for a couple of weeks, let it clear up, and then bottle. Will be ready for Christmas.

Also if it is a pumpkin beer, depending on how you did it, it might e more cloudy than usual. I am drinking a pumpkin beer I brewed about a month and a half ago and even though I used Irish moss and everything it is still hazy. The pumpkin is harder to make the beer clear. You can use some gelatin if you want before you bottle it.
Good luck

Back