Fermentation chamber idea with cool brewing

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

texwake

Reaction score
Has anyone ever used the cool-brewing fermentation chamber and hooked up a circulation hose comming from your keezer to the chamber? I'm trying to elmininate the need to keep putting frozen water bottles in the chamber. Here is my very rough illistration bellow using a submergable pump in a water tank thats in a keezer pushing water through a line and to the chamber. I would hook up the pump to a temp controler. Would this hold lager temps? I dont want to build this and be a waste of time. Should I use copper inside the cooler for the lines or somthing else?

Thanks in advance!

plans.jpg

My first thought is that the time, effort, energy and money you'd put into trying to get that to work would be better spent on a used Craigslist fridge and an STC-1000 controller. That way, you'd be able to precisely control the fermentation temps and change them as needed for step-up ferments, d-rest and cold crashing. I bought the upright freezer that I use for lagering for roughly the same cost as one of those Cold Brew bags.

Damn yeah your right, I just hate taking up too much space in my garage.

Back