• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

California Used MoreBeer 15 Gallon Stainless Brew Kettle: Rocklin, CA

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cdburg

Reaction score
I've upgraded to a 26 gallon boil kettle, so I'm looking to sell my 15 Gallon stainless brew kettle with notched lid from MoreBeer. I've been using it for about six years, so it's not new, but it's in good shape and has a few upgrades.

* notched lid for immersion chiller
* diverter plate (see next bullet)
* compression fitting with copper pickup tube (drilled hole through the diverter plate to run the tube back to the wall of the kettle)
* thermometer w/ 2" probe
* 1/2" stainless ball valve

I've drilled two holes in the lid. One is blocked with a 1/2" stainless bold and locknut. I've used them for my liquid returns to the kettle, so if you want to do the same, you won't need to do any more drilling.

image.jpg

image-2.jpg
image-1.jpg

The kettle itself, with the notched lid, sells for $269 new. The pickup tube adds $16, and the thermometer adds $20. The diverter plate option is no longer offered, but I think it does help avoid some of the pick up of hops and break material, so it's a bonus.

I'm hoping to get $175 for the kettle. I'd rather not ship it, so I'm hoping to find someone in the Sacramento area or someone who is willing to pick it up. If you're interested, please send me an IM.

Nothing local has worked out. I'm thinking the cost of packaging and shipping it might make it more difficult, but feel free to send me an IM with an offer.

I'll open it up to offers from anyone else who would be willing to pay for shipping as well.

Thanks!

I forgot that I also have the MoreBeer false bottom for this kettle. I used it to keep whole hops out of the pumps when I started. I'll throw that in too, if the offer is right. You could use it for the same purpose or use the kettle as a mash tun.

Thanks again!

The previous interested buyers have fallen through, so I thought I'd give this a bump.

Just to remind anyone who is potentially interested:

I'd like $175 for the kettle. Shipping will be expensive, so I'm hoping to find someone in the Sacramento (I live in Rocklin, CA) area or someone who is willing to pick it up. If you're interested, please send me an IM.

• The kettle itself, with the notched lid, sells for $269 new.
  • The false bottom is $100.
  • The pickup tube adds $16, and the thermometer adds $20.
  • The diverter plate option is no longer offered, but I believe it was about $40 at the time. I think it does help avoid some of the pick up of hops and break material, so it's a bonus.

Basically, you're getting a kettle that cost me about $450 for far less than half of what I have paid. If you're interested, please send me an IM.

Thanks again!

Back