• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

For Trade: 5 gallon wild barrel

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Biscostew

Reaction score
I am looking to gauge interest in a trade for my 5 gallon oak barrel that has been "bugged" with various wild yeast strains for the creation of sour beers. The reason I am looking to trade my barrel is that as you may already know the staves on the smaller barrels are rather thin and extended time in the barrels of this size can cause beers to become overly acidic.

Unfortunately I do not have the time to continually rotate beers out of the barrel anymore and am looking to pass this on to someone who may be able to benefit from it more than myself who is really into wild beer production.

If there is any interest my first preference would be a trade for hops but I would also listen to any and all offers. Also I would like to limit this to local pick up only as I would imagine the shipping would be somewhat cost prohibitive.

34102_569232816170_45902700_32950678_3795421_n.jpg

IMG_20111110_191935.jpg

How much $$ or hops are we talking here? I could meet you half way from Philly. Looks like youre about 1hr 20min from me.

Coff, I go to philly every other weekend so I could probably meet you down there as well. I'm looking for the popular hops citra, simcoe, amarillo,the new zealand varieties that are sold out everywhere or other interesting trades first. If I have to do a cash trade I will but would prefer not to. I paid 100 for the barrel originally.

Im thinking 50-60 would be a fair trade for the barrel. Also Im willing to listen to offers besides hops if there is any other interest.

This is interesting, I'm gonna come up with an offer when I get home tonight. Probably a cash +hops offer if that's ok.

I'm in Philly. I'd give you the $60 and a lb of CTZ. Don't keep a lot of hops around, but you're welcome to the lb and a few random ounces. The wife really wants me to start making sours. Let me know

Latest posts

Back