• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Kansas Temp Controller, Flashed w/ STC-1000+, Fahrenheit Display

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep, working on a batch of 50. Add your email to the list on the website and I'll send you a note when they're ready. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Should have them done by the week of the 23rd at the latest, hopefully sooner than that. I'm traveling a bunch this month for work and some weddings, so won't have much free time to work on these, unfortunately. Sorry for the wait!

Just hooked mine up.... freezer is purring along at 63 degrees..

Nice! Now I'm downloading and printing the manual... why do that first? ;)

I got my freezer today.
Just missing one key component to help me getting my process dialed in.

Holdin her steady cap'n

_MG_0024.jpg

_MG_0020.jpg

_MG_0033.jpg

Quick question the .xlsx does not work for me in apache openoffice. Can you make it available in another format for those of us who don't have MS office? Like maybe just as *.xls. Not sure this would help but I'm hoping.

That is what I did with the power cord and temp. probe. Both can be unplugged from the box.

Quick question the .xlsx does not work for me in apache openoffice. Can you make it available in another format for those of us who don't have MS office? Like maybe just as *.xls. Not sure this would help but I'm hoping.

here it is in .xls format. Hope this works for you!

yep, Nope Thank you for trying though. Don't know what openoffice's problem is but it no likey.
Ignore DU meter in center top. I'm one of those that likes to keep an eye on my upload download speeds.

Capture1.jpg

Capture.jpg

I need your help. I finally got a chance to plug in the controller I brought from you. It worked for the first 5 mins and then nothing. No lights in the display no reset. Can you help. [email protected] thanks...

I need your help. I finally got a chance to plug in the controller I brought from you. It worked for the first 5 mins and then nothing. No lights in the display no reset. Can you help. [email protected] thanks...

Yes I can! Sorry to hear this, Suric, but no worries; I built this first batch of these controllers with an 8A fuse, only to find that many fridges need a 10A fuse (all later batches were built with the 10A fuse). Please PM me your address and I'll send you the updated fuse. Sorry for the inconvenience, but I promise it's an easy fix!

R.Walk 126 North Main St. Nazareth Pa. 18064. Thanks for the quick response. How does the fuse get installed?

Thank you for the video. I'll wait now for the fuse. My freezer is done until I get the replacement.

Thank you for the video. I'll wait now for the fuse. My freezer is done until I get the replacement.

Shipped. I sent the tracking # to your email address.

Thanks, and apologies again for the inconvenience!

Will

FYI you can get a 2 pack of 10A slow blow fuses at Radio Shack for a few bucks and be running in no time. I had the same issue with mine and Will pointed this out to me and offered to ship me a fuse. It was easier and faster for all involved to just grab one on the way home one night.

I need the web site for the controller direction and set up. Anyone have this information? I'd appreciate it.

This sucks... Damn having to work! I will pay an extra 10 bucks if you Wana throw one together right quick!

Worth it. I love mine. I was going for a second but decided to let another enjoy their first. Being late to order also allows me to act like I was being noble. :)

^^+1^^

This is the second time I have missed out by being home too late. In this case I got home at 2:15 eastern time, went to order one, and missed out. Could you set up an option for us to pre-order them so we are guaranteed one even if we can't babysit the PC???

I don't think wilconrad is still following this thread , but I emailed him about pre-orders. He said he was not currently planning on doing pre-orders but would let me know if that changes. So if he changes his mind I will post it on this thread.

I have gotten ~10 of these from a friend who got them in a " grab bag " auction. They are the 240 version , so I am replacing the relay which can handle 20 amps. I am not trying to hijack any threads , I was going to make a couple for myself and put the rest on ebay. The ones I am making look different. If your interested pm me. Otherwise keep a look out on ebay in the coming weeks.

I have gotten ~10 of these from a friend who got them in a " grab bag " auction. They are the 240 version , so I am replacing the relay which can handle 20 amps. I am not trying to hijack any threads , I was going to make a couple for myself and put the rest on ebay. The ones I am making look different. If your interested pm me. Otherwise keep a look out on ebay in the coming weeks.

It is not the relays you need to replace, but the transformer.

That, and the relays are rated for >10A, but the PCB/system is not.

It is not the relays you need to replace, but the transformer.

As far as the transformer goes, if you half the input you will half the output. The relay circuit is getting ~6VDC . I have replaced the relays and it has been working without issue.

The relays I bought just happened to be 20A rated. I am not using, or suggesting, them( STC 1000) to be used out of their current specifications. Although the board has sufficient sized lands on the relay contact side to handle more current.

Not trying to step on anyone's toes here, I just happen to have these temp units sitting around.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back