• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Decent Priced Corny Kegs - CL (Not mine)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm glad to hear it is working out for everyone. She was great with mine, no complainants at all. I ended up buying 10! Hahahaha. Great deal in my opinion. If anyone has any question on her integrity, please just give it some time.... Cheers!!!

I could text one to you haha, but I don't know how to post them here =( I was very satisfied with the quality of packing, and receiving sticker-less and dent-less kegs (ok, I think one had a quarter sized dent) But other than that, A++++++ Would buy from again

Sorry. Did some house cleaning on Photobucket and messed up the links. Here are some of mine. 10 in all and every one of them is in great shape....

36b2b228.jpg

ba9e30a1.jpg

I ordered 4 two days ago, she said that they were close to the last of what they had. Hopefully that doesn't mean it's the bottom of the barrel so to speak but I should have them Thurs/Fri so I'll post pics at that time.

So I jumped in on this deal and ordered two from her, and she said they were shipped by monday...and still no delivery. She has not responded to any of my emails inquiring about tracking numbers (which she said she would give me) or shipping details either... How long did it take for your packages to arrive? It doesn't sound like anyone else has had a bad experience, but I just think it seems odd that she has become unresponsive and my delivery isn't here yet after a week.

I bought 6, first 4 were sent fairly quickly and I got a tracking #. She was waiting for boxes to ship the other 2. The other 2 arrived a couple weeks later with no tracking # ever being emailed. She said they were going out the day after the 4 and I would get a tracking # the next day.

She doesn't seem very organized and she makes promises she can't keep but be patient so far everyone has gotten whats been promised.

I got mine for $25 each SHIPPED. For that price I could be patient ;)

Similar situation from me, never got tracking and one day they were just here...all 12 in great condition. Havent pressure tested them yet, but not worried either.

...still not here. still no emails or tracking. DKershner, how long did it take to get yours? Has anyone been in email contact with her in the past week?

...still not here. still no emails or tracking. DKershner, how long did it take to get yours? Has anyone been in email contact with her in the past week?

Uh...lets see.

Ordered and paid Sept 9th. Got em on the 24th after a delivery attempt on the 23rd.

I ordered mine last Monday the 20th. I paid $145 shipped for 4, which I'm disappointed to learn that others have gotten them for $25/ea. I also found them at my LHBS for $25 reconditioned and asked her if they had already been shipped. She said they had. I still have not received them and have written a few emails since with no reply.

Bottom line is pricing is variable, you can't trust what she says about when you will receive them, but it seems like everyone has been happy with them once they have gotten them.

Mostly I'm disappointed that I seem to be out an extra $45, which I could use on a few other things ...

she attempted to charge me a higher rate as well after mentioning this thread, I would up not getting them from her because of this and the fact that I could get them for the same price online at anytime so it didn't seem to be that great of a deal.

Not trying to thread crap but it is a better deal at morebeerfor people just getting 4 kegs. (which seems to be a good many people) It is $116 shipped from morebeer.

If you are getting some odd number it could be worth it to get them from her though.

Not trying to thread crap but it is a better deal at morebeerfor people just getting 4 kegs. (which seems to be a good many people) It is $116 shipped from morebeer.

If you are getting some odd number it could be worth it to get them from her though.

If you look at the pictures, you will see that these are pretty pristine kegs, probably in better condition than the expensive morebeer kegs.

The cheap ones are not even a comparison. They arent even guaranteed to hold pressure. In addition, as the first post says, she does charge people more if they don't mention this post, if they did 4 would only be $120 or $30 shipped.

BTW doodlebug, if you can find reconditioned kegs for $25 at your LHBS, you have put all of us to shame. The cheapest I have found in the state of Oregon are $40.

If you look at the pictures, you will see that these are pretty pristine kegs, probably in better condition than the expensive morebeer kegs.

The cheap ones are not even a comparison. They arent even guaranteed to hold pressure. In addition, as the first post says, she does charge people more if they don't mention this post, if they did 4 would only be $120 or $30 shipped.

BTW doodlebug, if you can find reconditioned kegs for $25 at your LHBS, you have put all of us to shame. The cheapest I have found in the state of Oregon are $40.

-- I did mention the post as well as the pricing in the post. This is the response I got from her:

"$25 and shipping on less than 8 and it really does cost $45 to ship them. The only thing they need i think are rings thru the press rel valve."

-- Yes, I seem to be very lucky - Siciliano's in Grand Rapids is a GREAT LHBS, and only a mile from my house. And for those of you in the area, they are having a big sale next week Oct 4-10. Shoot maybe I should start selling these cornies. ;)

For those who haven't gotten any kegs: UPS is cracking down on these sellers as they have evidently been improperly using UPS accounts to pay for the shipping. I just got a call from UPS and they had several questions about the sellers. I may get a call from an investigator later.

I think if anyone has not received the kegs, now is the time to file as I don't think UPS is going to allow any more shipments.

I got mine in just a few days. Kegged up the first batch this weekend. Having a hard time sealing them after I hit them with 30psi, then released pressure to serve though. Seems the lids would un-seat. Still trying to figure out what to do about that. Off Topic, sorry...

I think she said something about her hubby working for UPS and thats how she shipped them.

Having a hard time sealing them after I hit them with 30psi, then released pressure to serve though. Seems the lids would un-seat. Still trying to figure out what to do about that. Off Topic, sorry...

Have you made sure to get a good amount of food grade lubricant on them? Mine refuse to seat right unless I use that, then hit them with 30 psi, also mine are from a few different sources.

Back