• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Ohio Ball Lock Cornies (4)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mirilis

Lvl 10 Beer Nerd
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
So I posted these in the trade forum... but everyone seems to think that the trade forum is for swapping beer.. even though there is a beer swap forum.

Anyway I got 4 kegs I pulled out of my closet. These will be local pickup only (I can probably meet in areas around me .. I go to lima once a week for school.

One of them is a 1 handle.. and 1 of them has part of the rubber handle broke where I dropped it on my foot when it was full (pic below i pulled back on the handle as a visual). They all held pressure when I used them but I havent used them in a couple years. I pretty much use 1/6th bbl kegs now. I hate jacking with the lid to get it to seal perfectly. Probably would need a couple new o-rings.. I will clean and pressure test before delivery.

$45 each (OBO) I will also trade them for 1/6th BBL Sankey kegs (since thats what im going to have to buy once I sell these.)

keg2-64845.jpg

keg1-64844.jpg

You do realize you selling lose top kegs for $5 less than a perfectly good one from hbs

They often are asking for $65 - $70 around here and a little more in the LHBS if you can find any.

I bought some almost 3 years ago from someone who had a warehouse full. $45 each. I haven't seen anything from him for 2 years.

You do realize you selling lose top kegs for $5 less than a perfectly good one from hbs

While I do agree with you that this is a high price for used kegs, the market determines the price... and the market has been inflating for a few years now. The time of $20 kegs is looong gone.

The average secondary market price right now is $50 for used kegs. The seller is in the ballpark. This price varies on location. If you don't like the price, make him an offer or move along please. This is a good, positive forum with reasonable sellers selling at reasonable prices. Many also enjoy negotiating too... Give it a try!

Someone will buy these at or near this price. They are in demand.

Not sure where in Ohio you are but ya $50 is the typical going rate in the Cleveland area. I've gotten them cheaper but it takes a lot of work.

Bump.. if theres not any intrest in these ill probably fill half of them this weekend (unless I kill off my IPA and dump my GF Lager which is possible)

Back