• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Illinois 20 Plate Chiller

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rgauthier20420

Reaction score
I've upgrade my plate chiller and it's on way now, so I have no need for the previous one. Here's the model and where I originally bought it from and price paid:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0068XRT0W/?tag=skimlinks_replacement-20

My best uses came from using it while whirl pooling and having it chill at the same time. You can also use it with the one pass method, but I'd suggest combining it with a small submersible pump to pre-chill the water before it goes in. You'll get faster chilling times this way. It has served this beginner brewer very well for 5 gallon batches, but sadly doesn't suffice for 10 gallon batches. It has 1/2" hose barbs and garden hose fittings.

Let's so $50 plus shipping. It will probably fit a medium size flat rate box, but let me know ZIP's if interested and I can go by the store and check for sure. I'll take a couple pics tonight to add to this post.

Thanks.

Edit: Also open to trade for electrical components such as PID, SSR, Thermocouples, switches, and such.

Last edited by a moderator:
My apologies to those waiting on a shipping quote, this weekend didn't go as planned. I'll be getting the post office tomorrow on lunch break to see about shipping prices to those that have PMed me. Thanks.

**Price Drop***

$50 now includes shipping. Additional update, 1 of the mounting brackets has a broken screw stuck in it that I can't seem to get out. I don't have too many tool at my disposal, so it can likely be pulled out. Your still able to mount with the other bracket, or of course lay it flat like I had it. Still a great deal!

Come on people!! I have zero need for this thing right now, and I want it go to a loving home. Thanks for looking :mug:

Latest posts

Back