What are you brewing today/weekend, post pics...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here it is
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1398863322.139704.jpg
7 min into the boil
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1398863395.278372.jpg
Sanitizing everything
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1398863472.880627.jpg
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1398863543.589102.jpg
Sanitizing the chiller
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1398863641.446191.jpg
Time to cool it down
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1398863916.490512.jpg
More to come phone won't let me upload more

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

That's quite the setup philipmeese

Thanks, dlester. It's all good equipment but the setup kinda blows. I'm still in hillbilly-boil mode where I have to haul everything out of the barn, level all the pots and burners, set everything up, haul treated water and then be subject to whatever weather and bugs may rule outdoors that day. I am practically crippled by the end of a brew-day with carrying heavy, awkward things around and cleanup/putaway takes forever.

I've built out an indoor basement brew-studio/hangout zone and I'm waiting for a Kal ElectricBrewery control panel. Soon I'll convert my whole rig to electric and will do all my brewing inside.

I keep saying I'm going to post pictures of the build and someday somebody may actually make me!

Philipmeese, I know exactly what you're talking about. That's why I built my brew rig. I typically set it and walk away and eat lunch or something. The hardest part of the day is cleaning, which I do during the boil. Overall it's much easier. I remember the days when I had to haul around my barrels and do everything by hand. That blows big time. Good luck with your build and post next weekends pics.

30 minutes into the mash on an oatmeal cookie porter.
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1401372124.134878.jpg
Break to feed the baby
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1401372153.841319.jpg

And now:
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1401372260.435431.jpg

Nice. Gotta love it when they're sleeping. It's the only time to "brew." Well, at least get something done, right?

Not my most recent brew day but my 2nd most recent. My BroSeshish imperial rye IPA with all green bullet hops... From grain to glass! :ban:

heating strike water
sparging
just pulled from keg
from the bottom up

CAM00502.jpg

CAM00507.jpg

CAM00595.jpg

CAM00598.jpg

Bobeer, what is the last picture? Sour beer, crap in your beer glass, macro picture of a larve in an egg sack? LOL. Sorry, it might be obvious to you, but I can't make it out.

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1405554528.962105.jpg
Just made the Mexican Cerveza in the six gallon carboy on the right on Sunday. Airlock is already bubbling, can't wait

Bobeer, what is the last picture? Sour beer, crap in your beer glass, macro picture of a larve in an egg sack? LOL. Sorry, it might be obvious to you, but I can't make it out.

It's actually an under shot looking up of the beer I brewed in the pics. It's in a tulip glass and a canister light is above it. The carbonation and the head make it look like a moon or something.

Introducing a bunch of folks from all over (Germany, Ukraine, Kyrgyzstan, India) to homebrewing today. Kinda weird, seeing how this is only my second batch after a 20-year hiatus.

We're doing AHS's (1492) Pale Ale kit.

10 days ago I brewed up a light lager for my Father in Law. I do BIAB so I usually have lots of trub going into the fermenter. This time while chilling, the cold break clumped into this massive death star ball. I decided to rack the beer into the fermenter. Had a nice clear beer to go in the fermenter. This got me thinking of what I could pitch on this yeast cake.

Yesterday I bottled the Lighthouse Lager and simultaneously brewed a 2.5 gallon Brazos Bock https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f61/brazos-bock-120105/
and a 2.5 gallon batch of Papazian's Black Samba Lagered Imperial Porter.

Things went pretty smooth for as much as I had going on. It worked out nicely that the larger burner boiled quicker so things were staggered to make it easy to add hops and chilling. Brewer's Friend worked fine in two different tabs for each recipe. The only snafu was I had to use my bottling bucket to run my airstone since it created so much foam. I aerated both for 30 minutes so that just lengthened the brew day a little. At the end of the day, I had two cases of beer bottled and two beers already showing fermentation action.

IMG_4213.jpg

IMG_4214.jpg

IMG_4215.jpg

IMG_4217.jpg

Mashed in for my Belgian Quad which I will put oak and cherries in secondary. This is my 12-13-14 beer that I intend to drink on 12-14-15. I hope it goes well.

Pics to follow. I don't want to lift the lid of my MLT.

British Ordinary Bitter in the mash tun. Kegging Porter, Session IPA and a basic ordinary american ale - doing a little quality control to make sure they are all on track:mug:

brew.jpg

Back