What Should I Brew Next

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

akillys

Reaction score
Hey all, my father is coming down this weekend and I'm looking for a some what cheap recipe. I'm looking for something that my BMC friends would enjoy and have read that a cream ale would be a good choice. I am looking for something like a cream of three crops (I think that's what it was called) that is an extract recipe. Or maybe a recipe for a good light colored beer. As of now I have a strawberry blonde in one fermenter. A pumpkin ale in one keg, and A fat tire clone that turned out to be more of a brown ale in another keg. Long story short, what should I brew next?

You could do an extract cream ale. Get to desired gravity with the lightest extract you can get and about 10% corn sugar. Pitch a clean ale yeast, and cold condition for a week or two if you have the means.

Coldest I could get would be around 65 in my basement. I forgot cream ales needed to be fermented cold, boo. Any other ideas.

S-05 should be fine at 65. Give it two weeks in the fridge after its carbonated before you serve. Should get you to about the same place.

Cheap ale that your bmc buds like? How about no. If you want to keep it cheap and simple I'd go with an English bitter or Scottish ale. Both are delicious and inexpensive. A robust porter is a great sipping or dinner beer that is cheap.

Your BMC buds want tasteless lager-water. You can't do that without lagering.

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Home Brew mobile app

S-05 should be fine at 65. Give it two weeks in the fridge after its carbonated before you serve. Should get you to about the same place.

Thanks for that I think I will stick with your advise then. I just need to find a good cream ale recipe then.

Drinking a Blonde right now, awesome if you love craft, and I think most BMC drinkers would enjoy its lightness and smoothness too.

Got a blonde that is ready to be transferred to secondary today. Thanks for the input though.

First time I've heard the term BMC... I dig it. :) Another option could be a California Common Lager (a la Anchor Steam) - you can ferment at your 65-degree temps and still get a great user-friendly lager.

Might have to give that one a try. Got stuff for a vanilla cream ale today at my lhbs. Got the recipe from byo. Ingredients cost about 30 bucks.I'll let you all know how it turns out.

Back