What came in the mail for you today?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
uggghh waiting for me at home are two parcels; one containing 10 lbs. of assorted hops from 47hops.com, and in the other two prohibition-era bottle cappers I picked up for $8 on shopgoodwill.com. Can't wait to play with my new trasures and the anticipation is making the afternoon drag on....

Update: Received my order from 47hops.com, it was 10 half-pounders, not 10 pounds as I said earlier. Brain fart.
And these neato vintage bench cappers, both have been cleaned up and seem to work perfectly. Excited to try them both out on my next batch!!

20180608_180309.jpg

20180608_182617.jpg

Update: Received my order from 47hops.com, it was 10 half-pounders, not 10 pounds as I said earlier. Brain fart.
And these neato vintage bench cappers, both have been cleaned up and seem to work perfectly. Excited to try them both out on my next batch!!

View attachment 574684

View attachment 574685
5 pounds is still enough to make a couple of batches.

Lacto, Pedio, and Wyeast 1007. Half an ounce of Hersbrucker hops. 6lbs of pilsner malt, and 4lbs of wheat DME.

I already have some Brett-C, but I'm concerned because my fridge has been getting a little cold. Hopefully it is still alive.

This is going to be interesting.

Autoclavable plastic vials to try for yeast freezing etc. Cheaper than glass so keen to see how they go.

Some glass ones as well so i can try both.
I have everything i need to freeze yeast now and if I find some reasonably priced agar I can play with slanting as well.

That stout may not have come out well, just a heads up. In at least two bottles something happened (perhaps an infection). The other ones I've had we're fine, so just be cautious. So...kind of a gamble...won't hurt my feelings if you dump :)

Back