UPS are drunkards

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Malticulous

Desert Gecko
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
UPS can go to hell. My wife shipped two different beers to a comp in Colorado for me. The people that received the beers called and said (to her) the two of my Lagers looked like I had reused caps and the caps failed (I used fresh caps and inspected them closely before shipping.) It looked to them as one beer had soaked my trash bag. They think the UPS guy may have drank one and dumped the other in the bag and repackaged it. At least my Export Stout will be in the competition thanks to Stomp them Grape's diligence. FedEx for now on. Brown Butthole should have had a stout and got a DUI. :mad:

I'm sorry to say it, but if someone took the time to open your package and drink the beer inside, I'm pretty sure they would have just thrown it away. Plus, unless they KNEW there was beer in there, how would they know to open it?

I'm betting your bottles were not handled well and the weak point was the cap, and your bottles just blew their tops. Could happen from shaking and temperature.

I'm betting your bottles were not handled well and the weak point was the cap, and your bottles just blew their tops. Could happen from shaking and temperature.

You could be right, but they said that the caps look to have been used. They said it look to have been tampered with. I'm sure the delivery guy knew it was beer and had been dropping beer off there for days. I sent some of the same beer to a guy in Michigan by FexEx and it arrived safely. Denver is only two days from here.

UPS can go to hell. My wife shipped two different beers to a comp in Colorado for me. The people that received the beers called and said (to her) the two of my Lagers looked like I had reused caps and the caps failed (I used fresh caps and inspected them closely before shipping.) It looked to them as one beer had soaked my trash bag. They think the UPS guy may have drank one and dumped the other in the bag and repackaged it. At least my Export Stout will be in the competition thanks to Stomp them Grape's diligence. FedEx for now on. Brown Butthole should have had a stout and got a DUI. :mad:

tin-foil-hat.jpg

Back