So who's brewing this weekend?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not to rub it in weirdboy's face, but today was my first perfect brew day. 10 gallon batch of ESB with mash temp, volume, gravity, etc. all right where I wanted them.
Plus I bottled 10 gallons IPA and 2.5 gallons Porter.

Did a double decoction on a 50% rye grain bill. Would have been great except I didn't have any rice hulls. I almost gave up on it about the 8th time the mash stuck, but I gave 'er and it's in the carboy now. I've only tried this one other time without the rice hulls, you would think that once was enough.

I've got 10 gal of Pale Ale on boil right now. First 10 gal batch, still tweaking my set up.

And I'm also making some spent grain bread. I think I'm ging to save some grains in the freezer for another batch, 1 loaf isn't enough, especially with almost 20 lbs. of spent grain!

I had a ice day today, which turned into a very productive beer day:

1) Tapped my Doppelbock that has been lagering for 7 weeks now (yum!!)
2) Filled up my 3rd keg (because an empty keg is a great tragedy) with my KBS clone 11% abv and smells pretty close
3) brewed my first SMaSH beer. Vienna (German)/Pearle/us05. Hit 83.5% efficiency with single infusion/batch sparge (4th batch in a row now over 80%, and a big chance from that first AG batch about 6 batches ago that was 59%).I also have my evap rate finally pinned down

All in all a good day

With the fifth glaciation of the Pleistocene era rapidly forming outside my window, and plenty of beer in the basement.....think I'll pass.

MikeScott said:
I see an empty keg as an opportunity :p

I still shout "Yes!" every time I empty a keg. That means I don't have to bottle the next batch. :ban:

I think that is a glass half full or half empty kind of thing

I'm going to brew my first AG this weekend. I have several mason jars of washed West Yorkshire yeast sitting in the fridge, so I think I'll do a Landlord-esque beer. My LHBS doesn't stock Golden Promise, so I'm planning to sub Maris Otter and call it good.

It's been below zero in Fort Collins the past couple of days, but Saturday is predicted to be in the 40s. Perfect for my first outdoor brew day!

I'm brewing up a batch "Wildflower Wheat" this Friday because I have off. I haven't brewed for a few months because of the holiday sand a recent cruise so I am really looking forward to it :ban:

I've got the 4th rendition of my attempt at coming up with a house pale slated for brewing this weekend. So far all the previous attempts have tasted good, but were way too dark in color, so I'm attempting to lighten it up without losing all the flavor. I have high hopes for it, this may be "the" batch!

Yay I am. I'm doing my first ever batch using a Brewers Best kit for an English Brown, and hopefully as soon as that's set up in the fermenter I am gonna do batch #2 right away. Haven't picked a beer for the second batch but can't wait.

just pitched the yeast on my esb.

doesn't matter how old you get, snow days still rock!

Friday I'm gonna brew up a AHS Honey Kolsch & their Paulaner Hefeweizen. Will be my first time for a wheat and a kolsch... i'm using white labs yeast on both (WLP300 & WLP029).

possibly a CYBI Arrogant Baastard. It depends on if its gets alittle warmer than the single digits I will be seeing tomorrow and Friday!!

three beers in next 3 days.

first lager.

first kolsch.

first recipe that isn't mine (janet's brown).

I was going to brew a mild brown but today I had a tooth removed and am not supposed to lift anything heavy for a few days!!!!! :( just had to moan about it somewhere.. SWMBO is tired of hearing it.

Brewing my Honey Pale Ale recipe tomorrow, also my third brew day 2011. Gonna be a wet, cold day in GA, perfect reason to spend the better part of the day takin' care of business. :drunk:

Brewing edworts bavarian hefeweizen this sunday. It will be a 10 gallon batch, half left alone and the other half fermented with clementines!

5 gallons of IPA and 5 gallons of robust porter tomorrow. I've brewed both recipes before, but this time I'll pitch harvested Pacman that I've been stepping up for a week.

Brewing edworts bavarian hefeweizen this sunday. It will be a 10 gallon batch, half left alone and the other half fermented with clementines!

Have you ever fermented with clementines before? If so how did it turn out, they are my favorite citrus, I am very interested in hearing how this works out.

Did two last night - a True Brew Belgian kit that we modified and the Miller Lite clone recipe found here on HBT. If I can get to the LHBS today I *might* do an Irish Red Sunday morning.

wound up starting off a mead last night.. since I can't do heavy lifting this weekend a 1 gallon batch sounded right... going to add another gallon of honey ad apple next week. Started offf at OG 1.112.. hope I can get it to ferment all the way -first mead attempt...

In other news my Belgian ale has attenuated from 1.1 to 1.012 in 3 weeks and tastes fantastic! (except for the incredible need to age and smooth out) Time to figure out when I can bottle it. Next week going forward with my brown mild ale. :)

beergolf said:
Bottled an amber ale today.

Brewing a Orange Wheat tomorrow morning.

Just opened my first bottle of Amber Ale, was pleasantly surprised at the smoothness. You have a great beer ahead of you, cheers!

just finished cleaning up and getting ready . Heating up the water now for my Extract Scotch Ale. Just cracked my first HB as well.

Back