So, what's getting brewed this weekend?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

petep1980

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
It'll prob be hot and clear this weekend. I figure a good chance to brew outdoors and get wrecked on my homebrewed EdWort's Robust Porter in the process. Winter warmer my a$$!!!! J/K.

Anyways, I'll be throwing down my most completely planned brew to date. It'll be my first all grain I actually thought through and planned.

American Pale Ale v3
5.5 gallon batch, 70% efficiency, single temp infusion
10# Pale Malt - 2 Row (US)
1# 20L Crystal Malt
.5 oz Columbus @ 40 min
.5 oz Columbus @ 30 min
1 oz cascade @ 15 min
1 oz cascade (dry @ 7 days)

wyeast 1056 w/ 3L starter (as called for by that Mr Malty pitching calculator).

7 days @ 64 in primary, 7 @ 64 in secondary, set and forget for 2 weeks (if bottle age for 3)

I'm excited because I'm doing a couple things different with this brew. This is the biggest starter I've made so far (and the first one I really understand). I also have a strainer in a funnel so I can add hops directly to boil. This is the first time I will primary in a carboy, so no more prying bucket lids. My basement isn't gonna budge from 65° for the next month or so, so that's cool.

I wasn't planning on using Columbus but that's all the LHBS had with a similar AA to Galena. I also figured it's for bittering, so who really cares. I just want similar IBUs.

I also usually do better than 70% efficiency, but I'd rather design on the weak side. I can hit as high as 78% and still be within range.

This is the first all grain I really feel comfy with.

So, what else is everyone doing this weekend?

This will be the first week in a month that I will not be brewing.

3L starter seems huge for 5.5 gallons.

I swear to god that is what Mr Malty came up with.

OG ~1.055
Liquid yeast in a smack pack with a date of 6/9/09.
5.5 gallon batch.

Did my batch last night. My second barley wine.
Hope to see the sun this weekend for a change. Maybe even go drown some bait and enjoy some homebrew.

A friend of mine has a big party every year...tubing down the James, then food and drunkenness afterward. Last year, I supplied a keg of my Summer Blonde, and it was a huge hit, so I've been asked to do it again. I think it's the 3rd week in July, and our firstborn is due any day, so I'm gonna go ahead and get this sucka out of the way tomorrow.

I wasn't a fan when I first tried it years ago, but the past year I had it again and love it. (For a wheat beer). Very popular around here. They even have Oberon Day, when the first kegs are delivered to bars and stores in the area.

I want to brew this weekend, but probably won't. I told my wife that I was going to brew on our camping trip next week(RV) and she gave me a funny look, but not a bad look. She asked how I was going to manage that.

They have water on site.
I have gas tanks on camper.
Picnic table
Bucket fermenter
Turkey Burner
Boil kettle
Small plastic box with essentials (Hose, airlock, hydrometer, etc.)
MLT Cooler
CFC

We're not taking the dogs this time, so I should have plenty of room in the back of the Durango. She just shrugged and said, "I guess that could work."

So I might brew next weekend. This weekend looks pretty busy.

I wasn't a fan when I first tried it years ago, but the past year I had it again and love it. (For a wheat beer). Very popular around here. They even have Oberon Day, when the first kegs are delivered to bars and stores in the area.

The batches can vary significantly (probably due to inconsistent handling by stores). My wife has a pretty narrow range of beers she likes and I gave her one and she thought it was the best beer she's ever had. Gave her another glass from a different batch not long ago and she wrinkles up her nose and says it tastes like Blue Moon :confused:

I've had a few better wheat beers, but since I'm less than an hour from the brewery I'll try to buy Bell's whenever I can.

I have the house to myself this weekend, so I'll get an early start on Saturday for my Mostly Dead Guy Ale experiment.

1.051 OG, 30 IBUs,16 SRM

6 lbs Maris Otter Pale Malt
2 lbs Dark Munich Malt
2 lbs Vienna Malt
0.25 lbs Roasted Barley

0.75 oz. Perle (German) Hops (6.9%) @ 60 min
0.5 oz. Perle (German) Hops (6.9%) @ 45 min
0.5 oz. Perle (German) Hops (6.9%) @ 10 min
0.25 oz. Saaz (Czech) Hops (4.4%) @ 0 min

Double batch of Kolsch on Saturday...been on a German beer kick lately. Hope they all turn out!

3L starter isn't huge. I pitched decanted 2.25 gallon starters (from 3 vials) each in the German Pils and Munich Dunkel in my sig, 6.25 gallon batches into the fermenters.

I'm starting to brew for my "I'm a CPA Party" so I have a big brew weekend ahead. Going to try and knock out three 5 Gallon batches including:

Centennial Blond
American Wheat
IPA (Two-Hearted Clone)

I think I am going to call the IPA a Cerified Pale Ale for the occasion.

Gonna brew an IPA using 2-row from Colorado Malting, my home state. The grains I tasted at the LHBS were awesome!

I was going to brew a dunkelweizen today, but i decided that im going to invest in BM bottling from a keg technique. Man this hobby is expensive but well worth it. I brewed a Kolsch for fathers day (his favorite beer style) so I'm gunna bottle him a 12er so he can drink it when hes not over here.

But I'll hit the LHBS on saterday to brew up the dunkelweizen and maybe get ingredients for a dunkelweizen with WLP300 and WLP380. I want to compare them side by side. That or ill brew my English Brown Ale instead. ****, I wish i had more space than 2 carboys at a controlled temperature. Looks like I need another fridge... Sigh

Since my weekend is Tuesday and Wednesday, I brewed this morning. I brewed my Guardrail Pale Ale.

It's in my signature. Did a 5g batch this time for a lake vacation in August.:rockin::rockin::rockin:

I'm going to make an Old Peculier clone for my housemate... a long promised batch of a beer I've never tasted... it shall be epic.

I better be getting this cream ale brewed up because I've procrastinated on it for a week now. I am at work right now (3am-noon) and am working 2pm-11pm on Saturday, so I might just stay up late tonight, or get it done Sunday. We'll see.

pale ale... for the guests to drink.
Its really to keep them away from my stouts and belgians I make for myself (Im selfish).

I'm brewing a double batch of English Mild this weekend. 5 gallons is for my friend, I told he could pick out of any of the beers I've made for his bachelor party and he picked this. 5 Gallons will disappear at my house!

Hopefully my first AG brew - Bee Cave Haus Pale Ale. Waiting on the ingredients, which should be here today. And my propane burner - Father's Day present - which is on backorder.

Got a Dusseldorf Altbier on schedule for this weekend. Girlfriend's going out tubing with her girlfriends on Sunday so it should be a nice, peaceful brewday.

My 2nd AG batch! BM's Centennial Blonde.

I brewed this as an extract awhile ago for our upcoming 4th of July party. Unfortunately, made it a little too early, and can't keep my hands away from it. I don't know if there's going to be any left for the party.

Luckily, I also brewed a Honey Wheat, and Pale Ale for the party that aren't ready quite yet, so we should have enough!

I'll be bottling a Dinkelwiezen and I'll be drinking a German Hefe. yumm.

Just moved a Barney Flats Oatmeal Stout clone to the brew closet, my first AG batch. I'm so glad I bought that immersion chiller! From boiling to 65F in 16 min. Very nice!

Should be bottling some Ed Worts Apfelwein this week end as well as my Sweet and Sour Cherry Mead.

Cheers!

Back