Pubs in Appleton Wis

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Believe it or not, the best brewpub is in the mall in Appleton. It's called Fox River brewing or something like that. Food is pretty good, beer is great. Also, in Appleton, is a place called the Stonehouse but I've never been there. I'm going to Good Company in a couple of weeks and I'll check out the beer selection when I'm there.

The places I mentioned are all in Appleton. I'm not familiar with Green Bay, so I can't help you there. I know there are about a million places right by Lambeau Field, but I've never been in them.

+1 for Fox River Brewing Co. Beer is very good. Um, you're going to the game????Curly's pub, inside Lambeau! The beer selection there is just OK, but hey it's Lambeau! Other than that, I don't know Green Bay very well, either.

Edit: If you feel like road-tripping it down to Oshkosh, O'Marro's is a must. PM me for directions if you're interested.

There's Titletown Brewing co. up in Green Bay. Never been there but the website says they have an $8.95 brunch special on game days. sounds fun

St. Brendan's Irish Pub and Hotel in Green Bay is pretty good. Good beer, stout and ale selection. Lots of whiskeys too.

[ame="http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla%3Aen-US%3Aofficial&q=brewery+green+bay&btnG=Search"]Green Bay Breweries[/ame]

YooperBrew said:
Believe it or not, the best brewpub is in the mall in Appleton. It's called Fox River brewing or something like that. Food is pretty good, beer is great. Also, in Appleton, is a place called the Stonehouse but I've never been there.

The Fox River Brewing Company's name was recently changed to Fratellos. As Yooper said, it is at the mall and they have very good beer. My favorite is the Caber Tossing Scotish Ale.

The second brewpub is the Stone Cellar which is about four or five miles east of the mall near downtown Appleton. My favorites beers there are the Six Grain, Pie Eyed Pale Ale, and the Titled Kilt Scotish Ale.

If you will be staying in Appleton and would like directions to either or both breweries let me know, I'm two miles from one and four from the other.

Crazy Buzzard said:
The Fox River Brewing Company's name was recently changed to Fratellos. As Yooper said, it is at the mall and they have very good beer. My favorite is the Caber Tossing Scotish Ale.

The second brewpub is the Stone Cellar which is about four or five miles east of the mall near downtown Appleton. My favorites beers there are the Six Grain, Pie Eyed Pale Ale, and the Titled Kilt Scotish Ale.

If you will be staying in Appleton and would like directions to either or both breweries let me know, I'm two miles from one and four from the other.

Hmmm when did they do that? In the Oshkosh location, the brewery is called Fox River Brewing, but the restaurant in which it is located is Fratello's. You sure that' not how it is in Appleton????

Bernie Brewer said:
Hmmm when did they do that? In the Oshkosh location, the brewery is called Fox River Brewing, but the restaurant in which it is located is Fratello's. You sure that' not how it is in Appleton????

I was referring to the restaurant. The beer is still brewed under the Fox River Brewing Company name in Appleton and Oshkosh, but the Appleton restaurant that shared the same name was changed to Fratellos in late September or early October.

With a new Fratellos in Green Bay and one opening soon somwhere in the Milwaukee area the management decided to change the name of the Appleton location to capitalize on the popularity of the restaurant name.

http://www.supplerestaurantgroup.com/fratellos-mall/default.asp

Crazy Buzzard said:
I was referring to the restaurant. The beer is still brewed under the Fox River Brewing Company name in Appleton and Oshkosh, but the Appleton restaurant that shared the same name was changed to Fratellos in late September or early October.

With a new Fratellos in Green Bay and one opening soon somwhere in the Milwaukee area the management decided to change the name of the Appleton location to capitalize on the popularity of the restaurant name.

http://www.supplerestaurantgroup.com/fratellos-mall/default.asp

Cool. thanks for the info.:)

Figured that my team will be blown out , might as well drink a lot of good beers. Thanks for the input.

Went to school at UWGB and Titletown Brewing was the best place to enjoy a quality beer IMHO. They have a nice area upstairs for pool and shuffleboard.

Latest posts

Back