Opening a Bottle Shop

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TravMan

Reaction score
I'm interested in opening a bottle shop that also sells craft beer on tap at the same location. I used to frequent By the Bottle in Vancouver, WA all the time when I lived there but I'm in Southern California now and I've noticed a serious absence of anything similar. Craft beer is seriously growing here in Redlands, CA especially thanks to the success of Hangar 24 Brewery which opened 3 years ago. I truly believe this type of business would do extremely well in my area. So I was wondering

Does anyone here run or work for a bottle shop? I'm just trying to get any information I can: cost to start, average revenue, would you recommend opening a bottle shop?

Any info would be great, thanks! :mug:

I say go for it. Around me there are so many liquor stores that it would more than likely be a waste. If you really wanted to go all the way toss in a humidor and sell cigars to.

it would likely add complications.

Yeah, I did a quick search about it but didn't come up with anything, I haven't seen one in California which leads me to believe it's probably illegal, but even just a bottle shop would do well I think. I'd like to sell homebrew supplies out of it too.

I am not sure it would be illegal, the cost might just make it not worth it. At least in my state, Iowa, you would have to have different types of liquor licences.

Pacific wine merchants in downtown upland does it. Wine, cigars, and beer. You can pick up a few cigars and go smoke it on their patio while enjoying a beer or a glass of wine. Claremont has a place like that too.

Latest posts

Back