New Brewer Jitters- Sharing beer.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NJTomatoguy

Reaction score
I have only done a few batches, and am having a party tomorrow.
Of course, I ran my mouth about making beer, and how good it is, etc.
So, I'm having a beer/Tomato/BBQ Ribs throwdown.

I am having second thoughts about sharing it because most of the people at
the party are used to BMC,Heineken or Corona.
I have a Red Ale that is good, and ready to go.
I have a Continental Dark that is Awesome, and ready to go.
I also have a light ale that I brewed just for the party, and it's not ready.

I'm thinking just do the tasting, then push the SN Summer and SN Pale Ale.

What would you do?

after hearing about the fact that you made beer, people will certainly want to try it asap.

also what are they gonna do? refuse beer??!

i'd say serve away and have a good time.

I am totally with you on the new brewer jitters... I have been brewing for a year now and only recently started sharing with other people. I've found that most people are willing to try - once they do they're hooked!

Plus, if they don't... more beer for you!

I say still go for it, but limit the size of the samples. The last thing you want is for 24 people each to have their own 12oz. bottle if they're only going to have a sip and not like it. (But if they like it, by all means be generous).

And I would definitely fight the urge to serve the lighter one that you said isn't ready ...

Thanks for the tips guys.
I will not serve the light ale that I don't think is ready.
They can have all the red ale they want. I don't partiularly care for it. I would rather they blow thru it, so iI can have the bottles for the next batch.

The continental dark is AWESOME, and I don't want to share. 6 Pack for tasting, rest stays in my brew closet.

I grabbed a case of Yuengling,30 pk Miller Lite and a case of Corona.

Menu:

30 lbs Ribs
25 lbs Chicken 1/4(BBQ)
20 lb Boneless Skinless Breast

Shrimp Cocktail
Tomato/Basil/Mozzarella/Olive oil platter
Macaroni Salad
Potato Salad
Coleslaw
Corn picked today(some grilled,some boiled)
Salsa./Chips- Salsa homemade. my tomatoes and ciantro, hot peppers.

That's just what I'm making, and most people that are coming are bringing something.
:ban:

Damn...

Sounds like a heck of a party. A friend and I just did something like this a few weekends ago. He served a keg of Irish Cream ale he's famous for, and I did some Blueberry Mead.

Needless to say, people will be happy!

Not sure if you already have your rib recipee covered, but this is THE BEST recipee I've ever done for ribs. We served the same one that weekend, and I did it again weekend before last. OMG, just amazing.

Who Loves Ya Baby-Back?

/Wished I was there!
//Drink one for me!

Menu:

30 lbs Ribs
25 lbs Chicken 1/4(BBQ)
20 lb Boneless Skinless Breast

Shrimp Cocktail
Tomato/Basil/Mozzarella/Olive oil platter
Macaroni Salad
Potato Salad
Coleslaw
Corn picked today(some grilled,some boiled)
Salsa./Chips- Salsa homemade. my tomatoes and ciantro, hot peppers.

:ban:

DAMN brother! I think I can still catch a flight out to NJ this afternoon and get there to help you finish all that beer and food!

I learned to simply buy a couple cases of good beer and put them on ice. My kegerator does not say "Home Brew" any more. It just says "Haus Ale" "Hefe" and "Apfelwein".

I point folks to it and the cooler and let them try it themselves. The cooler is always full at the end of the party.

I don't have a keg, just rookie bottles for now.

I have food and beer out the ying yang, and the fridge is on the fritz.
Freezer makes Ice fast, but the fridge is definitekly warmer than usual.

Coud this just be from all the food? I am single, so it's usually not as full as it is now.

The beer went over very well, considering the most of the people that attended don't drink darker/stronger beer. Th red ale is gone, the dark I shared for the tasting, and the rest went pretty quick. I now have enough bottles for the next batch.

The ribs went right away, the bbq chicken went quick too.
A very successful party, and a couple of my buddies were asking when I
was going to do kegs. One guy says his cousin has a fridge he needs to get rid of because they are moving, so there might be a kegerator build for the labor day party at my buddies house across theb street.

Back