Electric Brewing Supply 30A BCS Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > Need some advice

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-24-2012, 11:49 PM   #1
jrusso
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default Need some advice

So I brewed a Belgian Triple (Brewers Best, no LME) on Wednesday June 20. I needit ready by July 21. (I know this is early but it still needs to be ready to go the best possible way) I'm trying to figure the best way to divide primary and secondary. (Using secondary for sure) Should I go 1 1/2 weeks and 1 1/2 weeks bottle for another 1 1/2 weeks, or split it up differently. Let the opinions begin!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-24-2012, 11:51 PM   #2
Yooper
Ale's What Cures You!
HBT_ADMIN.png

Recipes 

Liked 4635 Times on 3366 Posts
Likes Given: 909

If it needs to be ready in one month, then you almost have to skip the clearing vessel. A tripel will need at least 3 weeks in the bottle normally- and even though I'm a fan of not aging many beers at all, I think a tripel is maybe the one beer that needs time. No way 1.5 weeks in the bottle is enough. It may or may not be carbed by then, but I'm leaning towards not.

If you must drink it in one month, you are probably only going to get 10 days in the fermenter, assuming it's done by then.

Old 06-25-2012, 12:14 AM   #3
Darkness
Local's Need's Brewing
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 43 Times on 37 Posts
Likes Given: 67

Buy a co2 cylinder, regulater and a keg. Tow days at 25# of pressure and you are carb'd up and nothing suffers. And you are now keging. Get on Craig's list and fine a frig or Frezzer cheap while it ferments, and temp controler. Man you will love beer on tap. I do all 9 of them

Why can't every day be a Brew day?

You Stay Classy Brew Nation!!

"He who dies with the most beer didn't drink enough!!"
(that's from me)

Old 06-25-2012, 09:28 PM   #4
jrusso
Recipes 

I'd love to keg, but not ready to spend the money all at once. Plus this beer is for a week at the Beach, to go aong with Kolsch and Cream Ale. Wanted to make a stronger beer for the evening, so I went with this knowing it was going to be cutting it REAL close. Bottling is the best way for this scenario, so I have to do it. Thanks though.

Old 06-25-2012, 09:43 PM   #5
climateboy
Recipes 

Liked 7 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 10

1.5 weeks is not enough time to bottle carbonate. It just isn't. And a tripel really needs to be fizzy. If you don't want to get a keg, then your only option is a CO2 cylinder (or find someone who has one), and a Carbonator, like this: http://www.homebrewing.org/The-Carbo...-Go_p_108.html. You don't need a keg, but you do need CO2 and a ball lock connector.

"Mas vale bolo famoso que alcoholico anonimo."

Join DC Homebrewers

"Fermentation Without Representation"
(C)

Old 06-25-2012, 11:24 PM   #6
MisterTipsy
Recipes 

Liked 224 Times on 146 Posts
Likes Given: 25

30 days is a bit too soon for a Tripel. It's probably going to be harshly boozy.

You still have time to brew a pale ale that will be ready by 7/21 and taste good.

Quick Reply