Need help on my Lemon-Orange Coriander Weiss

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

utah_scott

Reaction score
I bought a Lemon Coriander Weiss kit from Midwest brewing supplies a couple months ago and decided, after reading the comments on the site, to add extra lemon and just for fun added some orange zest to the recipe.

I added the lemon and orange zest to the secondary fermenter and let it sit for 2 weeks before bottling. Then let it sit in the bottles for 5 weeks before testing. It has an over powering citrus flavor to it. I should have stuck to the suggested amount of lemon and just added the orange zest, instead of adding extra lemon zest as well.

So my question is will the strong citrus flavor age out? Also is there a way to serve it that will mask the strong flavor a little, like adding an orange slice in the glass?

I don't think adding more citrus -- the orange -- will lessen the citrus flavor. Just make it less lemon-like.

Fruit flavors don't really go away, they just mellow. You may find after several months the citrus flavor is just as strong but less harsh. It may still be too much for you to enjoy. I think your best option would be to blend it in the glass with a different weisse.

Back