the last bottle is always the best

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you brewed 10 gallon batches, you would have another 5 gallons in it's prime right now.

Yeah,true. Finished the last of my Summer Pale a week ago+. Sent Gary Martin two of'em. He liked it so much,he gave me 3 thumbs up!

I really must agree... Just about down to the last bottle of my APA and each one is better than the last.
Sometimes, I wonder if a batch will be past prime by the time I finish and it never seems to be... ...just always getting better, even months down the road.

Werd...the last glass out of the keg is always the best too. I don't have enough self control to let beer age at least 2 months...but drinking alone most of the time....the keg will last about a month on it's own. That last glass comes out crystal clear and tastes fabulous!

I brewed a Two Hearted IPA clone that was one of my favorite beers to date, opened the last one on a hot summer day and got a foam volcano. . . the last one was not the best in that case

Werd...the last glass out of the keg is always the best too. I don't have enough self control to let beer age at least 2 months...but drinking alone most of the time....the keg will last about a month on it's own. That last glass comes out crystal clear and tastes fabulous!

That's when you hook up the other 5 gallons and all is freaking great!

And that's why I don't suggest folks taste their beer early, like some new brewers are wont to do. That means there's less good beer when it's actually bottle conditioned and ready to drink.

THE Gary Martian, creator of TradeWars!?

The Gary Martin of Home Brewer TV. He reviewed my Summer Pale (pale in the original sense) in the tasting room segment of the latest show,#38. Too bad he lost my e-mail info,but I think I just sent it too soon. Hard to remember all that stuff at six forty something am...

I've gotta learn to be more patient. I'm about 1/2 done with a wheat beer that is only now getting really good.

The problem is the newer stuff is "good", so you drink it and enjoy it, then two-three weeks later it gets to be "damn good" that's when you say "damn! this is good!"

Yep I just poured the last pint of my SImcoe IPA and was really disappointed! I had no idea it was that close to the keg being empty and it was really starting to smooth out.

Amen, my brother, just finished the last of my AARP. Six or seven weeks in the bottle, an ale but lager-clear, and delicious.

aarplastone.jpg

Amen, my brother, just finished the last of my AARP. Six or seven weeks in the bottle, an ale but lager-clear, and delicious.

Wow...that's a thing of beauty! How'd you get it so clear? Cold crash? Filter? Whirfloc? Irish Moss? I filtered mine down to 1 micron (while warm...didn't know what chill haze was at the time), and mines as cloudy as a blue moon! :(

Nice work! :)

i keep hearing people say to let the beer condition in the bottle for about 3 weeks before drinking it. Should i let my beer go for longer then that?

Ringmaster said:
i keep hearing people say to let the beer condition in the bottle for about 3 weeks before drinking it. Should i let my beer go for longer then that?

The 3 weeks is a minimum for average gravity beers. Many styles will improve from longer bottle conditioning, but it's up to you and how long you want to wait :)

Wow...that's a thing of beauty! How'd you get it so clear? Cold crash? Filter? Whirfloc? Irish Moss? I filtered mine down to 1 micron (while warm...didn't know what chill haze was at the time), and mines as cloudy as a blue moon! :(

Nice work! :)

I do use a whilfloc tab 10 min before the end of boil, but this most likely was due to four weeks in the bottle at room temp followed by 2-3 weeks in the beer fridge at 40 degrees; and a nice, slow pour.

Back